• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. AT Teostra is harder than AT Kirin

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
7 months ago#31
I don't think he hits quite as hard as AT Kirin, but that may just be looking at Kirin's stronger attacks (the big bolt and the horizontal beams. Either way, I think AT Kirin is easier. Temporal Mantle and Thunderproof Mantle have a huge effect, moreso than Temporal Mantle and Fireproof Mantle have against Teostra.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: franky_Gee_109

franky_Gee_109
7 months ago#32
So far I have killed him twice. Now it feels like he just runs around all the time. So much so that it feels like a waste of time for me.

It actually turned me off of the game and i've been playing since release.
PSN- BlazinBlack109
DarkSouls 3, BloodBorne, Gundam Versus

User Info: WarriorYagami

WarriorYagami
7 months ago#33
The difficulty varies depending on which weapon you're using.

If you are playing ranged weapons, AT Kirin should be easier for you to handle compared to AT Vaal Hazak or AT Teostra.

If you are melee, then I can assume you'll have a tougher time with AT Kirin compared to AT Vaal Hazak.

The reason why players think AT Teostra is easier is because there is a free turf war with AT Kushala Daora each and every single time, does a ton of damage which makes your job easier. He also travel towards the only 2 boulders you can drop in Elder's Recess every single time (unless you manage to kill him before he gets there). A ton of free environmental damage which makes his run a lot more smoother.
PSN: WarriorYagami; Canada - Eastern Time Zone
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter: World (Hunter Rank 250+), Killing Floor 2, Defiance 2050

User Info: Behemothshell

Behemothshell
7 months ago#34
franky_Gee_109 posted...
So far I have killed him twice. Now it feels like he just runs around all the time. So much so that it feels like a waste of time for me.

It actually turned me off of the game and i've been playing since release.

I feel you 100% on this...
I for the first time in a long time ran out of time on the hunt because he kept running around the map and going enraged during 85% of the fight. I gave up and decided it's just not worth the time invested because it's boring... AT teo feels more like a jogging/dodge simulator than a hunt.

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
7 months ago#35
I solo d him for the second time last night but he is a pain in the butt for me. I use a GS and this thing is moving around so much and does that spin move when I get in the space between the head and paw. It's like he's baiting me. It took me 45 to get him and that last room is a nightmare with all the running, blast spots, lava explosions and the Nova. That's what killed me on my first solo attempt. The temporal mantle is the only reason that I survived on my two successful tries. The thing just wouldn't die. Knock downs, mega barrels, turf war and environmental damage. I got so frustrated waiting for him to finally die.

I need one more ticket and I can make all of the armor pieces. I don't know if I'll go for the skin. This thing just isn't worth it.
PSN/NNID: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz

User Info: Sephivengeance9

Sephivengeance9
7 months ago#36
I've just been using Mega Barrel Bombs, Bombardier and farcasters to some pretty good success. I'm also pretty positive at this point that the majority of Teo's attacks that look fire-based aren't actually fire-based. I found that Rocksteady Mantle was reducing their damage way more effectively than Fireproof Mantle and 58 Fire Res was.
Behemoth The Hedgehog
http://tinyurl.com/la9arej

User Info: DesertRanger97

DesertRanger97
7 months ago#37
Yeah. The only ones saying otherwise are bownoobs.
"This party's gettin' crazy. Let's Rock!"
PSN: brutaka666
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. AT Teostra is harder than AT Kirin
  • Topic Archived