What was the first time any MH game shocked you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What was the first time any MH game shocked you?

User Info: Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson
1 week ago#1
See topic.

What I mean by "shocked" is something like in Monster Hunter 3 Tri, during the Qurupeco Capture quest:

I didn't understand what "Unstable" meant, so I charged out to capture Peco...

It makes a call I didn't know, and I thought, "Whatever that it is, it isn't coming."

Two minutes later, Rathian is on the scene.

Then there's Siren's Song in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, where you must first slay (or capture) at least two Qurupecoes before the Paw Pass Ticket even appears.

Peco can now call Deviljho.
3DS FC: 3110-4728-7791

User Info: Thundar

Thundar
1 week ago#2
Playing my first Monster Hunter game back on PSP and running into Tigrex in the snowy mountains way early in your MH carrier where they just expect you to run away. Yep, that's pretty much what I did.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/girshootslasers/1315697017393-1.jpg
PSN: Qwid - - - - - -If yer not dyin', yer not tryin'!

User Info: uzumaki44

uzumaki44
1 week ago#3
Thundar posted...
Playing my first Monster Hunter game back on PSP and running into Tigrex in the snowy mountains way early in your MH carrier where they just expect you to run away. Yep, that's pretty much what I did.

Pretty sure i jumped off that snowy mountain. Would love to see the rathalos and tigrex go at it in a cinematic. Increased zig in the tigrexes zag to allow him to get around the fireblasts and his legendary leap... hate him so much
What is success? oh, thats right. it's me.

User Info: Frozeneye23

Frozeneye23
1 week ago#4
Eh, the veeeery first time would have been my first Yian Kut-Ku encounter back in MHFU.
I had no idea what I was doing and was barely able to do the Drome (Giadrome?) who came before him and Yian Kut-Kut took me completely off guard. It terrified me at that point xD
Karma Charger is watching you!

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#5
I don't remember, probably jumping from a high place and suffering no consequences.

The earlier thing I remember going into completely blind was the Dire Miralis quest. All I knew was its name and that the battlefield was called the "Tainted Sea". So I figured it was a battle vaguely similar to Jhen Mohran, fighting a moving monster on a very nasty sea that may perhaps have resembled the Zoness of Starfox 64.

Not quite the case.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Catluver17

Catluver17
1 week ago#6
When i fought my first Khezu.

That things shocking all right.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
Lord Cate, mighty slayer of trolls.

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#7
The first time i fought Kirin on MHW. I was quite literally... shocked. But no in all seriousness, if you've played the past games you will know that Kirin isn't that tough, annoying but not tough so when i fought him on World i was pretty suprised how insane he was. Especially the tempered version.

First time tho? Probably fighting Dalamadur for the first time, that was an awesome awesome fight!
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: franky_Gee_109

franky_Gee_109
1 week ago#8
uzumaki44 posted...
Thundar posted...

Pretty sure i jumped off that snowy mountain. Would love to see the rathalos and tigrex go at it in a cinematic. Increased zig in the tigrexes zag to allow him to get around the fireblasts and his legendary leap... hate him so much

It was Rathalos from MH on PS2, until the Tigrex I faced the Tigrex. That dude had me and a few friends so shook. It just didn't stop. as we were all still getting use to the claw, it took us so long to beat it. We would always run our of hot drinks and get wrecked. There was nothing more satisfactory than taking it down.

Wish we got Tigrex in MHW. with no loading screens, he would be such a nightmare imo.
PSN- BlazinBlack109
DarkSouls 3, BloodBorne, Gundam Versus

User Info: Dunceney

Dunceney
1 week ago#9
Not my first, but one of most memorable, anyone would be lying if they don't get shocked when fighting Duramboros for the first time.

My first would be invincible Lagiacrus invasion on Epioth quest.
Mbek?
Mbek!!

User Info: TelikoFreedman

TelikoFreedman
1 week ago#10
Portable 3rd,Just doing a quest and then this large WARNING sign appeared out of nowhere.
Then I was fighting a Zinogre.

First time I saw a warning sign in MH. Got a Zinogre out if it though.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Ship 7
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What was the first time any MH game shocked you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived