• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. are charge blade element phials dependent on weak spots?

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
1 year ago#1
or independent like impact phials? i hear they suck even after the patch that buffed them, I’d really like to be able to switch it up every once in a while... whatbdid the pach even do?

User Info: DJMHW

DJMHW
1 year ago#2
Yup, dependent on the Elemental Hitzone. Vaal's head to fire does a whackton (120+ per phial).... but can do 0-60 for the other 3-4 phials when they hit something else. Superb positioning and aim is required to get the most out of PE phials. Unfortunately, the spread pattern is not conducive to aiming at a specific hitzone. It also has a momentary delay before the phial shockwave, unlike an Impact SAED.

They're pretty bad generally speaking VS DT2 Impact, but occasionally can do well under specific situations (like vs Kulve, which has easily exposed elemental weak spots).

Patch made the spread tighter and increased the damage.

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 year ago#3
@nintendomaniaco
If you still dont know, the spread pattern for PE phials is V shaped, whilst impact phial is straight line but the range is shorter than PE

@DJMHW
Plus, need confirmation once more:

So for elemental phial the only thing that affect the attack power is the elemental attack right? for example if we use Kadachi Kaina with 270 thunder, then this 270 is the number that affect our phials damage right?
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: DJMHW

DJMHW
1 year ago#4
The formula is (Display Element * Elemental Hitzone) for damage of an Elemental phial (in a SAED).

In your case, it's 270 Thunder * (hitzone). A monster hitzone that is really weak to an element usually has a value of around 0.2 - 0.3.

270*.3 = 81 damage.

Remember that just because a monster has a 3* weakness to an element, that does not mean all of its hitzones are a 3* weakness. It's usually just one or two zones, which is why PE SAEDs are so finnicky.

Kiranico has all the hitzone data.

User Info: Guboton

Guboton
1 year ago#5
The general rule I use is if a zone has .25 or higher you're going to do more damage with an ele phial. The balance is not great even after the patch however and could still use some tweaking. A lot of it just boils down to hit zones though, not many monsters are truly weak to an element.

The patch just increased elemental phial damage. It was pretty significant but there are still a lot of factors holding them back. If they ever remove the elemental cap I think that will bring more ele axes into contention. I would also like to see phials able to strike critical damage and also benefit from elemental crit skill.

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 year ago#6
DJMHW posted...
The formula is (Display Element * Elemental Hitzone) for damage of an Elemental phial (in a SAED).

In your case, it's 270 Thunder * (hitzone). A monster hitzone that is really weak to an element usually has a value of around 0.2 - 0.3.

270*.3 = 81 damage.

Remember that just because a monster has a 3* weakness to an element, that does not mean all of its hitzones are a 3* weakness. It's usually just one or two zones, which is why PE SAEDs are so finnicky.

Ive seen his video once.. Its like going back to college studying math again, so I stopped midway.

Anyway thx for the damage calculation. The PE really in bad spot eh...
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
1 year ago#7
nufrancis posted...
DJMHW posted...

270*.3 = 81 damage.

Ive seen his video once.. Its like going back to college studying math again, so I stopped midway.

Anyway thx for the damage calculation. The PE really in bad spot eh...

who’s video? could you link to it?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. are charge blade element phials dependent on weak spots?
  • Topic Archived