Is Vaal's breath attack considered an element?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Vaal's breath attack considered an element?

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
3 weeks ago#1
I've been playing forever and now I'm just wondering this. Is it best to eat defense or ele res?
FC: 2036-6562-0936
PSN: Artorias03

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 weeks ago#2
It's best to use the legendary "get out of the way" maneuver. It's a very telegraphed move and always comes from Vaal's right (your left facing it), so you can just approach it from the other side when you see the move coming.

It has no element but if you're talking about AT Hazak, it'll probably one-shot you regardless of your food choice. Just don't get hit by moves that are easy to dodge.

User Info: mcbrewmeister

mcbrewmeister
3 weeks ago#3
Yes. Vaal's element is "Garbage". Slot 3 Trashman Jewels to nullify Vaal's "Garbage" breath. Alternatively, you can equip three pieces of the Janitor armor set for the same effect.

Please disregard this post.

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
3 weeks ago#4
Deaga posted...
It's best to use the legendary "get out of the way" maneuver. It's a very telegraphed move and always comes from Vaal's right (your left facing it), so you can just approach it from the other side when you see the move coming.

It has no element but if you're talking about AT Hazak, it'll probably one-shot you regardless of your food choice. Just don't get hit by moves that are easy to dodge.

It doesn't one shot you if you have your full 200 health points though. It leaves you with like 20 lol. Defense it's best then, as you can lesser the ramming or spin damage.
FC: 2036-6562-0936
PSN: Artorias03

User Info: DemocracyV2

DemocracyV2
3 weeks ago#5
It's physical. You take a lot less damage as a melee compared to a range user. If it was element the ranged user would take less.

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
3 weeks ago#6
Or non-element breath?
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 weeks ago#7
Shirogane03 posted...
Deaga posted...

It doesn't one shot you if you have your full 200 health points though. It leaves you with like 20 lol. Defense it's best then, as you can lesser the ramming or spin damage.

it deals 0 damage with the get out of the way, however.

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
3 weeks ago#8
I don't understand why people don't just try to avoid the beam. It has a massive tell. Only time it gets me is if I'm in a bad position and the superman dive doesn't work.

Tip: always avoid it by running to the right (Vaal's left), because it starts from the left.

User Info: mcbrewmeister

mcbrewmeister
3 weeks ago#9
If you wanna get real spicy, try rolling through it. It works!

User Info: crono7589

crono7589
3 weeks ago#10
It's effluvium. So a status breath like bad breath but not as terrifying. Like everything else x physical damage and x effluvium damage. To lazy to do math atm tho.

Teostra supernova is a huge chunk of physical and some fire. It's why you can defense stack and have it hit for like 20 dmg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Vaal's breath attack considered an element?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived