• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is everyone just trolling? [AT Vaal]

User Info: Frozeneye23

Frozeneye23
4 months ago#1
Okay, seriously, what's actually going on?
I just came back from work and looked at all the topic title implying AT Vaal Hazak actually being a challenge, so I went in well prepared with my usual GS set + Effluvia Resistance 3.
This is pretty much just a normal tempered Vaal Hazak with a little higher attack, health and maybe flinch multipliers. It did take me 13 minutes for the first attempt, but it was cart-less.
Maybe it was just luck or it's the over 100 tempered Vaal Hazak I've hunted before, but I don't really see what's going on.

Is single player AT Vaal just that much less of a threat? Is GS just a good match-up?
Karma Charger is watching you!

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
4 months ago#2
Its really just the thicker mist that saps your health insanely fast.

I guess if you use health aguments and are aggressive enough its nothing more than a beefier tempered Vaal.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
Lord Cate, mighty slayer of trolls.
(message deleted)

User Info: Frozeneye23

Frozeneye23
4 months ago#4
Catluver17 posted...
Its really just the thicker mist that saps your health insanely fast.

I guess if you use health aguments and are aggressive enough its nothing more than a beefier tempered Vaal.

Sounds about right. Health Augment on the Rocket GS definitely heals back most of the tick damage.
And for the rare moments health goes below 50%, there's enough time to take break and pop a heal. Vaal is still slow to react.
The most annoying thing about this was Odos interference and repeated roaring.
Karma Charger is watching you!

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
4 months ago#5
Most people here are all talk. But when capcom provides a small challenge they gonna weeb about a nerf. Maybe they should take their own advice and gitgud. If I can do it in 14 minutes as lance anyone can do it.
PSN: Nebuladark, Switch FC: SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC: 0774-5319-1816, ACNL: Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGen: Serenade.

User Info: Round_Dice

Round_Dice
4 months ago#6
He spams effluvial mist and starts in the mist filled area, so if you go in without countermeasures, it's a horrible fight.

You pretty much need the Health augment to keep your health up, especially if you have a weapon that sheaths slowly.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 months ago#7
nebula2 posted...
Most people here are all talk. But when capcom provides a small challenge they gonna weeb about a nerf. Maybe they should take their own advice and gitgud. If I can do it in 14 minutes as lance anyone can do it.

Eh.
I find it's usually that people will complain about anything new just for the sake of being able to complain about it.
Give it like a week or two and most folks'll have learned how to deal with it.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 months ago#8
Everything is too easy until it isn't, then it's fake difficulty and cheap ai. Don't you get that at the soulsborne board all the time too?
Monster Hunter S***posting Legend. I am one of the main reasons moderators exist on GameFAQs. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: Lordtrik

Lordtrik
4 months ago#9
Unbound-King posted...
nebula2 posted...

Eh.
I find it's usually that people will complain about anything new just for the sake of being able to complain about it.
Give it like a week or two and most folks'll have learned how to deal with it.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Ex-Halo MLG Pro, Team RainbowBRz: 2006 MLG Orlando 2007 MLG meadowlands 2008 MLG Raleigh. Pokemon Y FC: 3711-8404-8221 Name: Zeroine ------- FFBE 620-050-756

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 months ago#10
You're just lucky. The wind pressure added to a lot of his moves can easily result in an instant cart if you have no protection against WP.

Well, he's not too bad if you do have that. But I triple carted twice because his damn WP-to-cart combos got me every time. After that I just decided to edit my old set a bit with 3 Kushala pieces. He's not quite as hard as other tempered elder dragons if you have a good build for it, I suppose.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is everyone just trolling? [AT Vaal]
  • Topic Archived