• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why does the board always post speed-run videos done by someone else?

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
5 months ago#81
Toxsa posted...
Terron145 posted...
Toxsa posted...
Using garbage bosses as example is not a good way to demonstrate your point.
Every boss in this bloody game is garbage, so what do you expect me to do in that regard? What monster in World qualifies as being "not garbage"?

Toxsa posted...
Actually it defeats the argument you're trying to make because your performance is below average even in normal weapon standard.
Actually, my performance being sub-par while still highlighting how easy the task is was the entire point of the post. I'm beginning to think you watched the runs without actually reading why they were posted to begin with. If I wanted to prove that I'm half-way decent with the Bow, I'd actually sit down and record a run that isn't hot garbage instead of presenting what I did to Yagami.

Toxsa posted...
Prove your point by fighting against Tempered Jho with a bow, and compare your time to those of the world records.
Now, please explain why running a Quest that isn't even permanently in the Quest Pool would prove a point to anyone?

Disappointed that this is all you got.

Thanks for conveniently ignoring the video I just posted too lolz..
Your Nerg video is laughable because ANY weapon that people play it for their first time with the right gear set-up will beat your record. If EVERY SINGLE DAMN WEAPONS can beat your bow record, then you're not proving anything by saying how "easy" bow is since your time is crap.
4 min Nergi is absolutely nothing.

I'd make a compromise then, post your Arc Tempered Kirin result then.
I'd apologize to you if you can even reach sub 5 mins. (World record is 2 min 10 secs)

Btw, this guy is the reason why Gamefaq doesn't usually post their own video because then they'd be contradicting to their own arguments.

A better player being able to beat his time with a different weapon doesn't really prove anything, because those same players would still get even better times still if they used Bow or HBG.

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
5 months ago#82
LonelyGaruga posted...
There are some things in life that shouldn't have speedruns done of them.

Like sex?
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

User Info: TheTopGerbil

TheTopGerbil
5 months ago#83
MrSmi7h posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...

Like sex?

No. If you're not first, you're last.
~Eigelchen

User Info: gagattheworld

gagattheworld
5 months ago#84
My question is why do you care? People can do/say whatever they want, what does it matter? Enjoy the game, play however you want, don't grief others, anything more your just wasting your time.
psn: fitroi78

User Info: SheaStoned

SheaStoned
5 months ago#85
MrSmi7h posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...

Like sex?

That's literally the reason he said that. Because I made a sex joke. This is why you don't block people like sensitive little girls on forums.
Communal Morality Combatant

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
5 months ago#86
WarriorYagami posted...
It's funny to me that players on here constantly spams speed-run videos done by somebody else other than themselves and try to prove something that most likely none of us could achieve.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few members on here that actually post their speed-runs which I respect a lot because they actually put time into it.

I've given this board so many attempts to show me who is actually good or not and it's extremely disappointing where I found less than 10 members on here that are actually really good. All the elite talking is just.. well talk, probably can barely solo themselves.

For those wondering about elite players putting you down and whatnot, I guarantee you more than 95% of the time they are average at best.

Come on members of GameFAQs, add me on PSN and show me what you've got! If you think you've got what it takes...

Lol, this doesn't always work, been asking folks on mgo3 to do the same, and they spam vids of people auto aiming with noobtubes lol.

Fyi, this warrior guy is legit enough to post solo vids (no kitty) on MP difficulty, with good times.
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)

User Info: WarriorYagami

WarriorYagami
5 months ago#87
Vesperas posted...
WarriorYagami posted...
It's funny to me that players on here constantly spams speed-run videos done by somebody else other than themselves and try to prove something that most likely none of us could achieve.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few members on here that actually post their speed-runs which I respect a lot because they actually put time into it.

I've given this board so many attempts to show me who is actually good or not and it's extremely disappointing where I found less than 10 members on here that are actually really good. All the elite talking is just.. well talk, probably can barely solo themselves.

For those wondering about elite players putting you down and whatnot, I guarantee you more than 95% of the time they are average at best.

Come on members of GameFAQs, add me on PSN and show me what you've got! If you think you've got what it takes...

Lol, this doesn't always work, been asking folks on mgo3 to do the same, and they spam vids of people auto aiming with noobtubes lol.

Fyi, this warrior guy is legit enough to post solo vids (no kitty) on MP difficulty, with good times.

Thanks dude, I was hoping I would get more players off of GameFAQs to get a community going since game is dying down. I tried going the "nice" guy route and it didn't work so now I'm going to try the "elitist" route.

I did a little bit of a taunt to the board to have elites come at me so they can prove me that the board does have good players.

I like debating on here, it helps me pass the time when I have down time at work. I like competition, it's fun to do and entertaining at the same time which is why I made Multiplayer Scaling challenges.

I guess I sounded like an elite ass but it's GameFAQs, I'm sure people can take it.
PSN: WarriorYagami; Canada - Eastern Time Zone
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter: World; Hunter Rank 200+

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
5 months ago#88
Vesperas posted...
(no kitty)

It's easier without the cat.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
5 months ago#89
WarriorYagami posted...
Vesperas posted...
WarriorYagami posted...

Thanks dude, I was hoping I would get more players off of GameFAQs to get a community going since game is dying down. I tried going the "nice" guy route and it didn't work so now I'm going to try the "elitist" route.

I did a little bit of a taunt to the board to have elites come at me so they can prove me that the board does have good players.

I like debating on here, it helps me pass the time when I have down time at work. I like competition, it's fun to do and entertaining at the same time which is why I made Multiplayer Scaling challenges.

I guess I sounded like an elite ass but it's GameFAQs, I'm sure people can take it.

Just because people can handle it doesn't mean it's gonna build any sort of community.

The community is kinda...ya know, already there.

This looks more like you trying to save face because you got roasted
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16737213/
GameFAQs FFXIV Discord: https://discord.gg/QxFjfEn

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
5 months ago#90
MrSmi7h posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...

Like sex?

Quickies still serve a purpose.
https://imgur.com/a/aVFsJ
Check out my Monster Hunter World Armoury! (WIP). A collection of builds for numerous weapon types. Suggestions and Additions welcome!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why does the board always post speed-run videos done by someone else?
  • Topic Archived