A lot of exposed players thanks you Luna

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. A lot of exposed players thanks you Luna

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
3 months ago#11
Vesperas posted...
Seen a lot of people here and other places complain of:

Fire resist doesn't do anything: At 17 I got burnt twice. Also, drink a cool drink & learn to superman.

She's too fast, hitting her places other than her hind leg is gambling: Really? Try counter attacking after her (& teo's) long ass tail wags/breaths/jumps.

It's impossible to break her horns/tail: Read above and aim. Stop spamming moves into her legs and wings.

I love how we finally get a G-Rank speed monster you can flash/trap gank.

Oh great, nvm, all the burns I just laid down where just auto-dodged...

Uhh... one problem. You know Lunastra is an elder dragon, right? So you can't capture her. All elder dragons are immune to any trap. The same for Kirin.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
3 months ago#12
bipolarity posted...
The f*** i just read
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense.
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
3 months ago#13
Ehh i finally got tired of world.
Since that long span of no new monster after jho and kulve

I fought it in the arena mission and didn't find much reason to continue. I thought we were about to fight nerg, teo and luna in the arena. That would've been awesome. sure it's different and i was nicely surprised by her nova but ehh luna just doesnt have the pull to keep me fighting her
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
3 months ago#14
Saltyman posted...
You basically need to use Cool Drinks, high fire resistance, massive defense, and health augments to survive with melee..

Except good luck getting those streamstones. The nergigante set bonus does f*** all.

Not at all true.

Fire resistance is worthless. Health augments are even more worthless unless you are a combo god, Cool drinks are important. So is astera steak to regain all your red life instantly.

You don't need health augments. Set your prowler to healing and always heal after dropping below 75% HP. Maintain cool drinks when fighting her. And she has numerous unique moves Telstra lacks. Her blue flame mine attack, Wind pressure, her half rotation flame thrower, most of her flying moves, her super nova, and her attack patterns. She is far more aggressive then Teostra and she doesn't stand in place performing attacks with really narrow hit boxes except for her tail whip which she has numerous versions of.

Flash bombing also makes her far more aggressive and either leads to her painting the entire area in blue flames (when not angry, nkt fully charged or high health) or her super nova (enraged, fully charged, low health).

Out of that list you made I only have cool drinks a a set with 430+ defense and her xeno longsword. I'm killing her in about 10 minutes solo in investigations. Could shave my time down if I wasn't going for head break.

User Info: kharnthebetray

kharnthebetray
3 months ago#15
GodMWOLF posted...
Ehh i finally got tired of world.
Since that long span of no new monster after jho and kulve

I fought it in the arena mission and didn't find much reason to continue. I thought we were about to fight nerg, teo and luna in the arena. That would've been awesome. sure it's different and i was nicely surprised by her nova but ehh luna just doesnt have the pull to keep me fighting her

they literally just added a event quest where you fight all 3 tempered versions at the same time

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
3 months ago#16
ALEXx7UP posted...
Vesperas posted...
Seen a lot of people here and other places complain of:

Fire resist doesn't do anything: At 17 I got burnt twice. Also, drink a cool drink & learn to superman.

She's too fast, hitting her places other than her hind leg is gambling: Really? Try counter attacking after her (& teo's) long ass tail wags/breaths/jumps.

It's impossible to break her horns/tail: Read above and aim. Stop spamming moves into her legs and wings.

I love how we finally get a G-Rank speed monster you can flash/trap gank.

Oh great, nvm, all the burns I just laid down where just auto-dodged...
You can't trap elder dragons you dirty scrub...

Obvious typo, as I Luna is the only flier who can't be plopped.
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
3 months ago#17
Saltyman posted...
Their not different, they just have broken hitboxes. A lot of them are the same move.

It's not even her actual moveset, it's the fact that you just constantly take ridiculous amounts of damage even when she's not hitting you.

Even her nergi turf war hits you a mile away lol
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
3 months ago#18
Only fought her twice so far, thrice if you count the 'watch and learn' first run. Only attack that I run into problem with is that wind+flame attack, it is like if Vaal's effluvia worked like acid pools. Guarding doesn't work, dodging requires you to be quick and superman dive. Attacking her hind legs seems like good enough option to trip her. You just need to not commit to attacks. Still, will take a while to not approach her like Teostra. Before long she'll be just another farming fodder, need her gems.

I've played both hunts in multiplayer, solo might be easier to predict.
Monster Hunter World | wreck_em
^Currently playing___|_^PSN___
(message deleted)

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
3 months ago#20
@Vesperas

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/211368-monster-hunter-world/76663719

You're wellcome.
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. A lot of exposed players thanks you Luna

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived