• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Yep they made Lunastra harder

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
9 months ago#91
So Flash pod cant stop Lunastra Nova Blast?

It worked very well with Teostra
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
9 months ago#92
Not enjoying some of this dlc.

When she alone she's fine. She a little too aggressive and some of her move are so cheap that you have to play the game like dark souls and get really deep into her hit box to ignore most of her attacks.

But to compensate she has pretty low HP. Like its either the same as other elder dragons or they gave her the rajang treatment.

I give her a 8.5 out of ten. She looks amazing. Gives you an adrenaline rush. And lacks stupid one hit kills. But to top it off she doesn't tremor you or pin you on the ground constantly like deviljho. Can't stand when the game tells me to stop playing for the next 5 seconds because an attack missed me.

Now Lunastra and Teostra together are complete BS. Its not fun. To much running around. To much wasted time. Can't use half my options cause they aren't safe. It took me 26 minutes to kill a lunstra and 4 minuted to kill Teostra because of BS teamwork. I can't imagine doing this with ramdoms unless the two lovebirds separate.

User Info: EX_Bortthog

EX_Bortthog
9 months ago#93
DJMHW posted...
EX_Bortthog posted...
DJMHW posted...
I'm not lying, I'm uploading the video as we speak. Its a problem.

With a CB, you can enter axe mode, activate Temporal dodge, and SAED cancel the dodge. I think Evasion is still better, but if you want excellent times with LOL braindead gameplay, here's Temporal for you.

Considering temporal is a slower roll then normal and only triggers on certain levels of damage (still unsure if it's pre or post mitigated) your run is more about luck then anything

What happens when your stuck autorolling for an extended period and can't actually do anything? Yea you aren't dying but it isn't like you are doing anything to them either

Next time try it before speaking out of your ass. The roll is not only faster, but weapons can cancel the end portion of the roll with attacks much sooner than they can out of a normal roll. You can also choose the direction of the roll: you want to hold forward (character direction) as you're getting attacked. It's the fastest roll.

Go into training mode. Dual Blades and press Tri for the rising slash after a forward roll. Now equip the Temporal mantle and do the same slash using the barrel to trigger the dodge roll. Notice how after the dodge roll, you can cancel quicker. You also go straight to double slash instead. The dodge roll has special properties for the weapons.

You aren't stuck auto rolling for extended periods at all. You can just choose the direction: Activate the barrel and demon dance on top of it. Hold whatever direction to get the desired dodge roll. No idea about this auto roll lock you speak of.

You choose the roll and continue your offense. In other words, you are not dying and you're beating the s*** out of them risk free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRWyF6Qlfc

The roll very much so is slower, and you are strictly assuming you set up every single attack prior which is borderline impossible due to there being multiple monsters usually and the fact that not every attack triggers it

It's fine if you want to overreact by saying "OMG OPZZZZ" but also post a video of multiplayer scaling solo if you want to try to claim something's power instead of a solo CB video when CB is stupid as f***

You also commented about roll into SAED. That means you are just walking around in f***ing Axe mode for some dumb reason, and the reason you get caught rolling for extended periods is the mantle will roll for you without input of you, so if a monster attacks twice with enough power to trigger the mantle roll before you can input anything you are stuck rolling for extended times, but you aren't thinking are you?
#1 Cactus
https://youtu.be/4_R0_nL5zDE SOON

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
9 months ago#94
brinetold posted...
Ifrit19 posted...
So far my most brutal fight since Tempered Kirin lol....god i don't want to know how horrifying Tempered Luna's going to be.

Arch elders :v

arch kirin will be hell but arch vaal will be easy unless they make is diesase do more damage per tick an you cant resist his blight even with his armor.

User Info: Treazy

Treazy
9 months ago#95
Semeki posted...
Here come the Lance users...

:)
Multi Vits

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
9 months ago#96
Scryed posted...
brinetold posted...
Ifrit19 posted...
So far my most brutal fight since Tempered Kirin lol....god i don't want to know how horrifying Tempered Luna's going to be.

Arch elders :v

arch kirin will be hell but arch vaal will be easy unless they make is diesase do more damage per tick an you cant resist his blight even with his armor.

Man... now you mentioned it. I really hate these attack patterns if I have a chance to face them.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Yep they made Lunastra harder
  • Topic Archived