Top 10 Weapons for fighting Vaal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Top 10 Weapons for fighting Vaal?

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#21
I use Jho Hammer. High Elderseal shuts out his most dangerous attack. High enough raw to break parts quickly enough and bring dragon into equation. Spin to Win is really good at applying Elderseal [it is, right?] and getting the mount.

Oh, I only play multiplayer with friends where we can co-ordinate boulder drops and wail on head to break it quickly enough. Even with randoms head breaks before first room change if I get at least one drop and/or mount.
Monster Hunter World | wreck_em
^Currently playing___|_^PSN___

User Info: TheGameconomist

TheGameconomist
1 month ago#22
the_requiem posted...
I use Jho Hammer. High Elderseal shuts out his most dangerous attack. High enough raw to break parts quickly enough and bring dragon into equation. Spin to Win is really good at applying Elderseal [it is, right?] and getting the mount.

Oh, I only play multiplayer with friends where we can co-ordinate boulder drops and wail on head to break it quickly enough. Even with randoms head breaks before first room change if I get at least one drop and/or mount.

What attack does elderseal remove from Vaal?
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameconomist

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
1 month ago#23
TheGameconomist posted...
the_requiem posted...

Looks like I was mistaken, it doesn't shut out his effluvia attacks [beam and cloud], only reduces the effectiveness of effluvian attacks. This means, lesser damage from barf, lesser range on cloud and over all lesser effluvia build up.

I was misled by fact that I rarely get Vaal to do beam attack in later half of the fight. Thought it was elderseal, but it was likely just flinching him out of it.
Monster Hunter World | wreck_em
^Currently playing___|_^PSN___

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
1 month ago#24
the_requiem posted...

Its Effluvium aura IIRC.
https://imgur.com/a/aVFsJ
Check out my Monster Hunter World Armoury! (WIP). A collection of builds for numerous weapon types. Suggestions and Additions welcome!

User Info: cornishpete

cornishpete
1 month ago#25
Hm...
Taroth axe: paralysis. But thats generally great.

Any fire lance.
I recall the azrath one is pretty nice.
Jho lance is also great.
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -

User Info: Terfzman

Terfzman
1 month ago#26
Today Im going to be grinding my brains out on Vaal Hazak, could you guys recommend the best weapons to do this with?

I already use Wyvern ignition and Anja Bow, as well as a lightbowgun.

Just use something that's fun to use he so easy boredom going to be your biggest enemy

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 month ago#27
I'm going to be THAT guy and say that if you wanna be efficient, try Taroth Assault Glutton with an Impact mantle. You won't be dissapointed.

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
1 month ago#28
ITT: Gameconomist getting ready to shill out another video
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16737213/
GameFAQs FFXIV Discord: https://discord.gg/QxFjfEn

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
1 month ago#29
I use Vaals LS on Vaal.

With a rocksteady and handi5/pro polish, you can get a Tempered one limping before you hit green sharpness.
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Top 10 Weapons for fighting Vaal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived