I'm done with this game, Bazelgeuse as a lance user is impossible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I'm done with this game, Bazelgeuse as a lance user is impossible

User Info: timber_jack

timber_jack
4 months ago#31
Lance probably isnt the best weapon agains Bazel because he explodes the area around you and your shield is only good for whats in front of you. I would suggest a more mobile weapon and possibly a ranged weapon.

Personally I can’t stand fighting that bastard. I got the armor that I needed from him and I haven't hunted him in months.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4;GeForce GTX 970 ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570CPU @ 3.40GHz

User Info: Anony1125

Anony1125
4 months ago#32
Ner0nitas posted...
bloofang755 posted...
Ner0nitas posted...
Why do people use the term "one shot" so often?
Either they have no clue what it means, or they still run low rank armor.
The same nonsense for the tempered Kirin quest.
"He is so tough! His thunder one shots me!"
Never happened to me.
Losing around half health, but never a one hit kill with full health, if you come prepared.

Same reason you make sweeping generalizations that you can't prove to be true.
I have been one shoted by bez wearing full xeno(fully upgraded).

If you come even slightly prepared, he won't one shot you.
His bombs took away 1/3 of my health, and tempered, it takes away 2/3.
If he one shots you, maybe adjust your armor?
I play this game with my very inexperienced girlfriend, and even she wasn't one shottet.
Neither in the double Bazel quest, nor in the tempered Kirin quest.

This isn't a generalization.
Cause of nonsense like this, I prepared myself and fought temp Kirin in fear (solo, another save file without gf) and it was laughable.
Not just the fight, but people who spread terror with the one shot nonsense.

In an investigation a few days ago, TKirin took me out from roughly 175 health with one attack when I was rocking ~490 defense and ~25 lightning resist. I suppose it may not have been strictly a 1HKO because I had prepped for 200 health, but I feel like it may as well have been. I tend to avoid Kirin so I don't really know the differences between its lightning attacks, but it was up in its lair when it reared up and cast an arc around the area in front of him. That hurts.
Feeling really good.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 months ago#33
darealest47 posted...
Yea this fight sucks for us Lancers. Stupid bombs be behind us and WHAM!

Ever since making him my b**** with my pierce HBG build I haven't fought him melee since and probably never will again.

He's essentially meant to fight ranged, that's how much of a difference ranged makes this fight.

I use LS him with no trouble... Might get caught by a bomb or 2 the entire fight.

I find Jho way more difficult with melee because all you really have to chop at are his legs.

User Info: DesperateMonkey

DesperateMonkey
4 months ago#34
Get guard +3 and the fights difficulty drops dramatically. Problem with bagel is that everything he does stuns your guard. Explosions, knocks and his constant screams... they all are considered heavy attacks.
i5 6600k 4.3Ghz|GTX 1080|3x 240GB SSD|24GB DDR4 3200|Gigabyte z170 Gaming 5|

User Info: SayGoDj

SayGoDj
4 months ago#35
DarxWingDuck posted...
darealest47 posted...
Yea this fight sucks for us Lancers. Stupid bombs be behind us and WHAM!

Ever since making him my b**** with my pierce HBG build I haven't fought him melee since and probably never will again.

He's essentially meant to fight ranged, that's how much of a difference ranged makes this fight.

I use LS him with no trouble... Might get caught by a bomb or 2 the entire fight.

I find Jho way more difficult with melee because all you really have to chop at are his legs.

On the other hand the lance is MADE for the Jho fight.
PSN: SayGoDj7
Say Go DJ cuz I'm your DJ

User Info: DesperateMonkey

DesperateMonkey
4 months ago#36
Ifrit19 posted...
I use GL I stead of Lance but imagine the main issue is the same: he drops his bombs and some are behind you, if you don't get away (no power guard for GL) or reposition your shield between yourself and the bombs (or put it away and run/Superman dive, rage mode this usually takes too long since the bombs explode much faster so shielding is probably better when he's raging) you will get hurt quite a bit. Also make sure you have sufficient stamina when guarding otherwise you'll be knocked out of guard and blown away (why guard skills are incredibly good since they reduce stamina drain, push back, and if I'm right chip damage).

Honestly when it comes to World guard lancing probably has never been better because as long as you have guard plus you can block ever single attack in the game (you don't need it for Bagel though, as far as I know all of his moves can be blocked without it), unlike previous games where there was always moves that can get through your guard even with guard+ (Dalamadur's giant beam for one, Gravios's beam is another).

I’ve only started GLing and here is what happened with bagel.

With wide 4 shell/pokes, I was having tons of trouble and getting right in the middle of his RNG bomb drops.

But long 4 shelling was way easier and you can actually stay a safe distance and still hit him. My limited experience says he is hard with wide but easy with long.
i5 6600k 4.3Ghz|GTX 1080|3x 240GB SSD|24GB DDR4 3200|Gigabyte z170 Gaming 5|

User Info: tape66--

tape66--
4 months ago#37
lol farm his armour and you'll significantly decrease his difficulty. I think the set comes with max ep and +2 guard? I main gunlance and only have ever used it against him. But another thing...you use fire resistance against him? Not that it isn't effective but more importantly what you need is blast resistance.

User Info: Toxor

Toxor
4 months ago#38
Different people have trouble fighting different things
My favourite monsters consist of Xeno'jiiva and Khezu......that is all

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
4 months ago#39
@GGearX

What are you doing?!?! Don't blame on LAN, this game, or yourself! Please stop giving in! Man up! And these posts are trying to help you! Adapt LAN and learn how to use it properly!
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
4 months ago#40
Lance is probably the easiest weapon to beat anything...
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I'm done with this game, Bazelgeuse as a lance user is impossible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived