• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Does Monster Hunter World take the crown for most difficult Action-RPG?

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
1 year ago#1
Or is there another game of the same genre that is more difficult? If so, what is it? - Results (368 votes)
Dark Souls series
31.79% (117 votes)
Bloodborne
25.27% (93 votes)
Ni-Oh
13.59% (50 votes)
Witcher 3 / Witcher series
0.82% (3 votes)
Nope, it's Monster Hunter World / Monster Hunter series
15.22% (56 votes)
Other (specify below)
13.32% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Explain your choice.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: setsunahq

setsunahq
1 year ago#2
Witcher is hold one button to win, why is that s*** here?

User Info: user420

user420
1 year ago#3
This game isn't even in the running.

I wouldn't even say this game is hard.
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.

User Info: petejohnson_5

petejohnson_5
1 year ago#4
user420 posted...

I wouldnt even say this game is an rpg.
A FFVII remake would be the gaming equivalent of the second coming of Jesus - ZombieGenesis

User Info: __hiei__

__hiei__
1 year ago#5
the hardest thing in this game to most ppl is tempered Jho...if i was comparing him to souls bosses in difficulty (or Nioh), it'd be among the easier ones.

if we're talking action games in general you can do much harder than even those though. Ninja Gaiden or Devil may cry games on the hardest setting are WAAAAY harder than any soulslike game.

User Info: Danceswithsloth

Danceswithsloth
1 year ago#6
lol souls bosses are easy as hell.
PSN ID: Danceswithsloths - 3DS Friend Code: 3093-7603-0034 - May the good blood guide your way

User Info: Fleabyte

Fleabyte
1 year ago#7
Monster hunter series is hardest, but not world...definitely not world lol

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
1 year ago#8
Diablo 3 is the hardest action-RPG because of the Torment and Greater Rift design. You can never beat the game because the game can scale up its numbers infinitely. You can only attain your highest Greater Rift level until you start failing the quest. You can never beat an indefinitely high Greater Rift level.

So - that's the hardest action-RPG. Literally a game that self-modifies its numbers until it's impossible for you to win.

User Info: __hiei__

__hiei__
1 year ago#9
Diablo 3s "difficulty" isn't really based on skill though. its just how your numbers match to the enemy's.

the only reason i'd think people would ever call any monster hunter game harder than souls or Nioh, is they're taking the super endgame content of MH and comparing it to a first playthrough of a souls game, which isn't a very valid comparison obviously

if you also take the super endgame content of souls/Nioh (the last NG+ of souls or the really high floors or the abyss in nioh), it gets to a point where almost everything in the game will one shot you (even random guys around the stage) regardless of build. monster hunter games never get to that point.

User Info: user420

user420
1 year ago#10
petejohnson_5 posted...
user420 posted...

I wouldnt even say this game is an rpg.

Neither would I. Neither are Souls/BB for that matter.
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Does Monster Hunter World take the crown for most difficult Action-RPG?
  • Topic Archived