• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do people keep saying this game is easy?

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 year ago#11
Don't forget on Souls it's generally more than the monster you're hunting to deal with. You're having to be conscious of traps, enemies hidden in flank, defending your back from backstabs, how much weight you have equipped affecting your roll, weapon deflecting off the environment, etc,. Heck sometimes the "level" itself is far more difficult than the boss at the end.

Souls is easy to manage once you have the mental map of where most things are, especially ambush/choke points, as well as a bow for pulling.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
1 year ago#12
nativeboi85 posted...
Even dark souls 3 can be easy if u mastered 1 and 2 but thats if your a hardcore vet it shouldnt take away that the game is actually hard

Dark Souls, however, has a character progression system that can be abused to trivialize the challenge of the game. With enough persistence, you can just grind your way to SL 702 (I forget the actual max level for each game) and brute force your way through. Later games (like Dark Souls 3) also has stuff like hyper mode, which is a riskier but less grindy way to break the game. You can try something similar in Monster Hunter (via Heroics), but you won't be downing bosses in seconds like you potentially can in Dark Souls.

User Info: corrin6657

corrin6657
1 year ago#13
Don't worry about it, people like to show off sometimes. And the real good player normally stay quiet and wouldn't complain as much.

Last night I went hunting Nergigante and due to my carelessness, I got carted. Though we still slew Nergigante, a hunter ridicule me, saying the game is easy, Nerg is as weak as Kuluyaku and he could survive Dive bomb every 5 seconds. Then he kept on ranting about the game being easy, in game mechanics, etc. For the next hunt, I deliberately chose Tempered Bazel and thankfully that guy got carted by Bazel.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 year ago#14
Badman76 posted...
gee i still have nightmares from that duel gold rajang,

Dude that quest was fun and intense. I think it was the last quest I ever played in MHFU.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
1 year ago#15
Some people say the game is easy because it genuinely feels like that for them, but then they can't imagine how anyone else can find it hard. This inability to discern the perspective of others is actually rather commonplace.

Some people say the game is easy because they admire people who are good at the game and seek to emulate them though I'd say that this is a bad choice of behavior to emulate.

User Info: raptalien

raptalien
1 year ago#16
nativeboi85 posted...
Im getting stomped out by tobi kodachi

It's easy for a MH game.
It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.

User Info: Saintsfawl

Saintsfawl
1 year ago#17
Easy entry in the series? Absolutely.

Easy game? Not by today's standards.
PSN: Saintsfawl
Pawn: Bonesaw lvl 200 Warrior

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 year ago#18
Saintsfawl posted...
Easy entry in the series? Absolutely.

Easy game? Not by today's standards.

This is it, /topic, go home everyone.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 year ago#19
As someone who started gaming in the nes era, this game is pretty easy overall. And this is my first MH game.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: dueric

dueric
1 year ago#20
There's a difference between a game being easy and an inexperienced player just not knowing how to play it yet.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do people keep saying this game is easy?
  • Topic Archived