• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do people keep saying this game is easy?

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
8 months ago#1
Im getting stomped out by tobi kodachi
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: VagrantSun

VagrantSun
8 months ago#2
The people on this board have usually been playing Monster Hunter for years, and this latest entry to the series is easier than the others. The game, per se, is not easy. It's just that the people you'll talk to here are all terrifyingly good.

User Info: Badman76

Badman76
8 months ago#3
People who've already played other mh games have already mastered at least one weapon and know half of the monsters moves and weakness.
Coming from mhfu i feel the monsters took for ages to kill, gee i still have nightmares from that duel gold rajang, it felt good after finally beating them though !!!
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. After that, who cares?!
There a mile away and you've got their shoes!

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
8 months ago#4
Because it is.

Step 1 - Git
Step 2 - Gud

User Info: Crimsonbeaver

Crimsonbeaver
8 months ago#5
Just paying attention to what monsters do is important. This is my first monster hunter game and the only 2 monsters that carted me once each was Diablos and Nerg.

Reading everywhere people were saying the first time you have to actually take Nerg down was basically a wall, which I didnt understand. Carted once and finished him off. It was maybe a 10 or 12 minutes fight the first time and thats it.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
8 months ago#6
I feel if you come from playing ARPGs a lot of things will click faster than totally new players. I've never played MH but have gone through Soulsborne, so things like committing to an animation, stamina pacing, positioning etc., were familiar elements to me.

Also helps the number of quality of life things. Sprinting and drinking potions does wonders for living.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
8 months ago#7
Crimsonbeaver posted...
Stuff.

You also have to remember that a lot of the new players are coming from the more casual/dudebro games like Skyrim, Fallout, Assassin's Creed, etc; They aren't used to the same level of challenge that MH offers.

User Info: Crimsonbeaver

Crimsonbeaver
8 months ago#8
Many games out there you spend time trading hits and being on the offence. Dodging, evading, blocking and what not play a larger role in this game because monsters hit harder than a lot of other game. Its not typically a tanking game like many others out there. You just have to adapt to the play style and try not to think that you can just stand there and trade hits with a monster thats 10 times or greater than you in size and call it unfair.

User Info: TonkPils6sic6

TonkPils6sic6
8 months ago#9
It really is but that doesn't mean it's not fun. In the older mh games it took a lot longer to kill a monster and was usually physically harder if you were on the 3ds. We didn't have mantles, boosters, slingers, environmental traps, walls to run jump off of. Hell even mounting monsters is fairly new to the series by a couple of installments. Also couldn't run and drink potions at the same time, that single handedly is what I think made this game that much easier.

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
8 months ago#10
Even dark souls 3 can be easy if u mastered 1 and 2 but thats if your a hardcore vet it shouldnt take away that the game is actually hard
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do people keep saying this game is easy?
  • Topic Archived