Every weapon type is viable...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
5 months ago#41
On topic: there is no better weapon than the other and maybe learn to make time.

That said, become a Lance brethren.
Lance has the most relentless DPS out of any weapon and has godly blocking. When you (eventually) get guard level 3 and guard up you'll be a god blocking everything.
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Gaiji

Gaiji
5 months ago#42
AsimLeonheart posted...
TheChap656 posted...
Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield.

If you want easy mode, use impact phial Charge Blades in this game. Blocking, huge burst damage, etc.

Lol. You sound like an old Chinese Kung Fu master from a Wuxia film. "Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield." That is what I am talking about. Ambiguous replies and no concrete discussion or answers about the capabilities of different weapon types.

This guy gave you a straight answer. You're asking for easy mode, he suggested charge blade.
"Best" is subjective and changes constantly from quest to quest. Thats why you're getting the answers that you see.

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
5 months ago#43
SilverClock posted...
I picked charge blade because it looked cool. Even if it was bottom tier I would still use it (as I have done similarly in other games.) It is fun for me to use. Fortunately it is also very versatile. You get a sword, shield, and axe all in one weapon. You can slice off parts, stun monsters, reach up high, attack on the move, counterattack, charge your sword so that it won't bounce off targets, attack a wide radius around you to easily take out small monsters, and if that wasn't enough, it can also do a ton of damage.

I've never used other weapons because I want to master the CB, and I still have room for improvement. If you play solo it allows you to do all these things without having to switch weapons. It's a solid choice, but imo you should do what is fun, not necessarily what is the best. But you can make your own decisions. I hope I have been helpful.

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will definitely try CB.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
5 months ago#44
DukeLukewarm posted...
GanglyKhan posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
I used the bow for a Kulu-Yaku and it took forever to damage and kill him. Took me whole 49 minute and barely killed him in the last minute.
MH has never been about minmaxing

Who are you to say what MH has ever been "about"?

Someone who has been playing since Tri. It's about a lot of things, but minmaxing isn't one of them. There's a lot of ways to skin a dead cat, or to speedkill Alatreon, I suppose. You can make these (stupid) theory crafting threads all you want, but at the end of the day, being a decent player is what's going to get you through the game.

@AsimLeonheart, my apologies then for assuming it was a bait topic. Seeing as how you're new to the game, I would suggest trying all the different weapon types over time. I know you said you don't really have the schedule to play hours on end, but I would start with something you think is fun to play. Every weapon type can get you through the game, I'm still standing by the view that there is no best weapon overall, but there is a best weapon for you.

Example being that CB is generally accepted to be one of the best ones, but for someone like me who can't use it well, it doesn't matter what the opinion is.

I would personally recommend GS or Lance as a starting weapon as they can deal high spikes of damage or steady damage respectively. Both can guard well and both are able to reach monsters that are giving you trouble like Rathian. Lance would be better for Anjanath since it's a little faster than GS, where you'd mostly be taking potshots all day long.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
5 months ago#45
I am a newbie too and when I tried out all the weapons the weapon that I immediatly started to like was the SA. And I am still maining the SA (and sometimes the HBG) because it's the weapon that "feels" the best to my playstyle. And from what I've gathered it's one of the worst weapons but I don't care I like it.

User Info: cornishpete

cornishpete
5 months ago#46
TheChap656 posted...
Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield.

If you want easy mode, use impact phial Charge Blades in this game. Blocking, huge burst damage, etc.

This just reminds me of the sphinx and his formulaic proverbs...

"when you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you can head off your foes, with a balanced attack"
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
5 months ago#47
Thanks for your replies everyone. I think I have my answers: CB, DB, and Bows. I did not wanted to waste crafting components on a creating weapons that I wont end up playing with. Now I can focus on learning and upgrading the above three weapon types. That is all I wanted; to narrow down my choices and targets.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
5 months ago#48
DukeLukewarm posted...
Guy asks for actual objective analysis.

Replies are the usual empty, feel-good nonsense.

MH isn't balanced and has never, ever been balanced, and will never, ever be balanced. Certain weapon types are far stronger than others. Bow and CB are generally considered to be the strongest by a landslide, followed by DB.

No weapon in the world is gonna help a bad player. The max potential of weapons is obviously different, but suggesting theory-proven top tier equipment to a bad newb will probably not be the best idea. What if you whiff every single of your SAEDs because of piss poor spacing? What if you get slapped whenever you try to charge to red? What if you miss all your dragonpiercers or get dunked during the windup? What if you can't hit properly with the bow charged shots and powershots? I mean, you're talking to a dude who almost timed out on birdy. A dude who gets ran over by rathian all day. No offense, but that's s***ty play even if you use suboptimal combos and equipment. You usually need like what, 15 to 25 minutes as an average new player with average equipment? That's what I heard.
Besides, I'd argue that speedruns, like many of the guy's videos you linked, aren't necessarily the best source for a complete newcomer. General weapon and monster guides and tips would be better suited. Sure, you can watch how the player deals with attack xy, but it doesn't tell you right away what you should do and what you should avoid, on top they use finished endgame sets with skills a LR can only dream of.

btw TC, a useful general tip: If you get knocked down and don't touch any buttons, you will significantly delay your getting up animation. You're invincible during your knockdown so just stay down and let the monster charge over you. Rathian is a prime example, if you get run over and she does her triple-charge attack, you'll get run over just when you get up again. Well, stay down, let rathian run over you again, then get up. A few monsters have such pseudo combos.
PSN: TrueArchery || SteamID: TrueArchery - no blank invites please :^)

User Info: HBninjaX

HBninjaX
5 months ago#49
poplo909 posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Guy asks for actual objective analysis.

Replies are the usual empty, feel-good nonsense.

MH isn't balanced and has never, ever been balanced, and will never, ever be balanced. Certain weapon types are far stronger than others. Bow and CB are generally considered to be the strongest by a landslide, followed by DB.

Yes, there are always weapons that are stronger. HH will likely always be the weakest in scenarios of equal skill. But the "feel-good nonsense" is because certain people understand/enjoy some weapons more than others. So while CB may outdamage anything else melee, if you can't wrap your head around it but swing a GS like a champ, GS will be better for you. Not because it has higher damage potential, but because you can utilize it more effectively than you can utilize the CB.

As for TC, in terms of potential (with you being irrelevent) it's probably something like Bow=CB >>>>>>> most everything else >>>>> LBG >> HH. Maybe not exactly (probably a it exaggerated), but besides LBG and HH being pretty far behind and CB and Bow being above the rest, everything is pretty even in terms of Nerg speedruns that I know of, but I don't really follow them so take it with a pinch of salt. The reason I put LBG over HH despite HH having a 1 second better nerg run than LBG (I think) is because against most other monsters LBG will win out in damage potential.

If you want weapons easy to start with the typical suggestions are DB, LS, or SnS. They're faster and give you more opportunities to dodge out of animations, making you harder to punish. LS has the longest reach and will be better for hitting higher targets/weakspots, SnS can guard and use items while unsheathed giving you more survivability, and DB has higher damage and potentially mobility, but force you close to the monster due to short range, with fewer survival options and high stamina use.

Not from what I've seen on YT. GS is comparable if you look at clear times, and even faster if you cheese with aerial attacks.

Not to nitpick...

Though GS tends to be very skill/gear dependent so in the beginning its a mid-tier weapon from my experience

User Info: Rickimaru91

Rickimaru91
5 months ago#50
This is such a weird topic. If you’re asking which weapons are overpowered, require no skill and allow you to defeat monsters easily, then just say that. Though the answer is none. Pick a weopn you like and learn how to use it, that’s that.

People say that Bow and Charged Blade are OP, but you still need to learn how to use them properly. I’ve tried out a Bow but I’ve not cery good with it yet, because I haven’t practiced enough.
"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!"
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived