Every weapon type is viable...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#31
Leventhan26 posted...
The problem you are running into is that there is no best weapon, there are several weapons that are top tier, some are mid tier and some are low tier. But when people talk about these they are usually only talking about speedruns and how fast a weapon is at killing a monster.

If you wanted the best weapon for speedrunning people might be able to tell you, if you wanted the best weapon for defense people might be able to tell you, but the best weapon for speedrunning and the best weapon for defense are likely not the same weapon.

You want someone to compile a huge guide that would be pointless for anyone to actually compile. Most weapons have easy to distinguish pros and cons that most players will learn just from playing with them for 4-10 hunts and the game even has stats on monster weakness right in the actual game.

One example you use is flying versus ground, no one brings a special weapon for flying, they bring flash pods and a bunch of flash bugs.

The most important thing in this game is learning the monsters attacks so that you can use the weapon you like to fight them effectively.

Flash bugs for flying monsters?? So I suppose they knock them out of the sky so you can attach with your short range weapons? I tried using flash pods but they always missed and seemed to do nothing so I didnt bother with them any more. I guess I will try using them again.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#32
poplo909 posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Guy asks for actual objective analysis.

Replies are the usual empty, feel-good nonsense.

MH isn't balanced and has never, ever been balanced, and will never, ever be balanced. Certain weapon types are far stronger than others. Bow and CB are generally considered to be the strongest by a landslide, followed by DB.

Yes, there are always weapons that are stronger. HH will likely always be the weakest in scenarios of equal skill. But the "feel-good nonsense" is because certain people understand/enjoy some weapons more than others. So while CB may outdamage anything else melee, if you can't wrap your head around it but swing a GS like a champ, GS will be better for you. Not because it has higher damage potential, but because you can utilize it more effectively than you can utilize the CB.

As for TC, in terms of potential (with you being irrelevent) it's probably something like Bow=CB >>>>>>> most everything else >>>>> LBG >> HH. Maybe not exactly (probably a it exaggerated), but besides LBG and HH being pretty far behind and CB and Bow being above the rest, everything is pretty even in terms of Nerg speedruns that I know of, but I don't really follow them so take it with a pinch of salt. The reason I put LBG over HH despite HH having a 1 second better nerg run than LBG (I think) is because against most other monsters LBG will win out in damage potential.

If you want weapons easy to start with the typical suggestions are DB, LS, or SnS. They're faster and give you more opportunities to dodge out of animations, making you harder to punish. LS has the longest reach and will be better for hitting higher targets/weakspots, SnS can guard and use items while unsheathed giving you more survivability, and DB has higher damage and potentially mobility, but force you close to the monster due to short range, with fewer survival options and high stamina use.

Alright, thank you. I am planning to use a bow and CB tonight and learn them. After listening to your feedback, I plan to upgrade and use three weapon types: bows, CB, and DB.

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
7 months ago#33
AsimLeonheart posted...
Leventhan26 posted...
The problem you are running into is that there is no best weapon, there are several weapons that are top tier, some are mid tier and some are low tier. But when people talk about these they are usually only talking about speedruns and how fast a weapon is at killing a monster.

If you wanted the best weapon for speedrunning people might be able to tell you, if you wanted the best weapon for defense people might be able to tell you, but the best weapon for speedrunning and the best weapon for defense are likely not the same weapon.

You want someone to compile a huge guide that would be pointless for anyone to actually compile. Most weapons have easy to distinguish pros and cons that most players will learn just from playing with them for 4-10 hunts and the game even has stats on monster weakness right in the actual game.

One example you use is flying versus ground, no one brings a special weapon for flying, they bring flash pods and a bunch of flash bugs.

The most important thing in this game is learning the monsters attacks so that you can use the weapon you like to fight them effectively.

Flash bugs for flying monsters?? So I suppose they knock them out of the sky so you can attach with your short range weapons? I tried using flash pods but they always missed and seemed to do nothing so I didnt bother with them any more. I guess I will try using them again.

Flash pods work similar to a flashbang, the monster just has to see it, a flying monster will be knocked out of the sky and stay on the ground a bit and it's pretty overpowered honestly. If you carry flash bugs you can hotkey them onto your raidal wheel and craft flash pods in the middle of battle.

When running low rank missions, try to pay attention to the chest were they give you free items, the game often gives you items that are useful against the monster you are fighting.

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#34
GanglyKhan posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
I used the bow for a Kulu-Yaku and it took forever to damage and kill him. Took me whole 49 minute and barely killed him in the last minute.

Oh. This explains a lot. You just don't know how to use a weapon or it's a bait topic and a good one at that. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, there is no objective analysis. You aren't playing this game in a vacuum where you can control every element of gameplay. There's random chance that will always affect gameplay. Monster size, affinity, Palico skills, level of players on the team, other monsters appearing, etc;

My best advice is to either get used to that or switch games if it truly does bother you that much. MH has never been about minmaxing and I really do blame the majority of other AAA titles for that mindset.

It is definitely not a bait topic and I am honestly new to this game who is trying to learn. I just have limited time after my job so I dont have the time to try everything out and learn them all. Keeping dying on a monster for an hour means a lot of wasted time when you barely have 2 hours to play. You are always wondering what you might be doing wrong and what weapons you should use. I had a lot of trouble on Anjanath with dual blades and last night wasted an hour on a Rathian trying to kill it with dual blades. It just kept bum-rushing me and running around so I would die as soon as the fight began. Finally, managed to kill it but I keep wondering if I need to switch to a better weapon type.

User Info: Judge1219

Judge1219
7 months ago#35
Tc isn’t asking what’s “viable” he’s asking which weapons will give him the biggest advantage against monsters since he’s struggling to get used to play style and could use the extra boost.

To answer the question, raw damage (impact phial) CB is a good choice. Go down the Diablos weapon tree. The CB has a dozen different moves but it has one solid strategy for optimal damage. I recommend you check out PWARgaming video on YouTube to learn to SAED spam.

Aside from that, powershot-normal shot spam with elemental bows is also a really powerful playstyle. Phemeto has a bunch of videos on YouTube for it.
PSN: RoyalDZ3
Steam ID: Royaldz

User Info: EvilMegas

EvilMegas
7 months ago#36
AsimLeonheart posted...
EvilMegas posted...
Maybe you should just get good.
This game is all about timing your attacks and learning your preys attacks.

Yes, I do need to get good. I am a total noob and playing MH for the first time. That is why I have been looking for an answer so I can find out what I should stick to and learn to get good at.

This is my first MH game ever as well.
Official King of Black People
http://i.imgur.com/Zk3VS3o.jpg http://imgur.com/a/UeQiE

User Info: RW_Bear

RW_Bear
7 months ago#37
Dual Blades is easy but the long ass combos take some getting use to. Mostly just use triangle unless the monster is down. Use circle mainly to dodge the monster to save on stamina and do some damage at the same time. Always use demon mode when you have it.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
7 months ago#38
pnut027 posted...
f*** fighting bagel melee lol. God it pisses me off.

Considering I get hit from behind from his turd bombs while blocking what's in front of me I heavily second this.

He's an exclusive bowgun fight for me >_>
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: SilverClock

SilverClock
7 months ago#39
I picked charge blade because it looked cool. Even if it was bottom tier I would still use it (as I have done similarly in other games.) It is fun for me to use. Fortunately it is also very versatile. You get a sword, shield, and axe all in one weapon. You can slice off parts, stun monsters, reach up high, attack on the move, counterattack, charge your sword so that it won't bounce off targets, attack a wide radius around you to easily take out small monsters, and if that wasn't enough, it can also do a ton of damage.

I've never used other weapons because I want to master the CB, and I still have room for improvement. If you play solo it allows you to do all these things without having to switch weapons. It's a solid choice, but imo you should do what is fun, not necessarily what is the best. But you can make your own decisions. I hope I have been helpful.
3DS FC: 5327-2159-0942 IGN: Ryan

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#40
Judge1219 posted...
Tc isn’t asking what’s “viable” he’s asking which weapons will give him the biggest advantage against monsters since he’s struggling to get used to play style and could use the extra boost.

To answer the question, raw damage (impact phial) CB is a good choice. Go down the Diablos weapon tree. The CB has a dozen different moves but it has one solid strategy for optimal damage. I recommend you check out PWARgaming video on YouTube to learn to SAED spam.

Aside from that, powershot-normal shot spam with elemental bows is also a really powerful playstyle. Phemeto has a bunch of videos on YouTube for it.

Thank you for understanding and your helpful reply. CB and Bows it is then. :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived