• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#1
Why is the Monster Hunter fanbase so reluctant about declaring a certain weapon type as the best? As a newcomer to the series, I feel overwhelmed by the type of weapons available to learn so I thought maybe the community can help me decide. Each time I get my ass kicked by a monster I think maybe I am using the wrong weapon type so I keep changing. Tried a bow and it took me forever to kill my first monster with it, changed to a dual blades and always get trampled or knocked down by monsters at such close range. Tried a Great Sword and Hammer but found them too slow. Eventually got tired of testing and trying to learn them since I have barely 2 hours to play at night and settled for the dual blades for now. But I have been wondering if there is a weapon type that is superior to others and one I should bother learning and sticking to.

I have searched through numerous threads on various websites and answer is always "every weapon is viable" or "use whatever you like." There is no discussion or analysis about weapon classes such as pros and cons, damage potential, severing vs blunt, range and effectiveness on different kinds of monsters such flying or grounded etc. In every other game, players go deep into stats, mechanics, hidden stats, testing, analysis, and discussions to determine the best possible load-outs and weapons. Why is the Monster Hunter fanbase so reluctant about saying what is the best weapon type? The mandatory "use whatever you like" and "every weapon is viable" replies are not very helpful in letting newcomers decide.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: RaRitsujun

RaRitsujun
1 year ago#2
Wiggle Helm is the best!!
71 PSN Platinums - Level 30 || 18735 XBL Gamerscores || 7101 AppleGC pts || GooglePG Level 12 - Archmage
MHW HR 153 CritBow, CritLBG

User Info: TheChap656

TheChap656
1 year ago#3
Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield.

If you want easy mode, use impact phial Charge Blades in this game. Blocking, huge burst damage, etc.

User Info: DemoniacGF

DemoniacGF
1 year ago#4
Because the game is not unbalanced, if you want to play games where there is one weapon to use because the others are garbage go play COD or destiny 2

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#5
TheChap656 posted...
Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield.

If you want easy mode, use impact phial Charge Blades in this game. Blocking, huge burst damage, etc.

Lol. You sound like an old Chinese Kung Fu master from a Wuxia film. "Because the real weapon is you, not the weapon you wield." That is what I am talking about. Ambiguous replies and no concrete discussion or answers about the capabilities of different weapon types.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World

User Info: EvilMegas

EvilMegas
1 year ago#6
Maybe you should just get good.
This game is all about timing your attacks and learning your preys attacks.
Official King of Black People
http://i.imgur.com/Zk3VS3o.jpg http://imgur.com/a/UeQiE

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
1 year ago#7
LOLBow is viable in what universe?
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still and always will be the best game of all time.
Lord Cate, mighty slayer of trolls.

AsimLeonheart
1 year ago#8
EvilMegas posted...
Maybe you should just get good.
This game is all about timing your attacks and learning your preys attacks.

Yes, I do need to get good. I am a total noob and playing MH for the first time. That is why I have been looking for an answer so I can find out what I should stick to and learn to get good at.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World

User Info: ShoeBoxDelight

ShoeBoxDelight
1 year ago#9
Most say charge blade is best and that is bc it is over powered. I personally have no interest in the more popular weapon types bc where's the individuality? When I play online CB is easily the most common weapon type. Booo. Don't use weapons based on other peoples (my own included) opinions. Try them all and whatever works for you and is fun is what you should use. It is good to use 2 or 3 types if you can manage later in the game bc you will need parts from different parts of a monster like tails and horns so you'll want severing and blunt (or gunlance like me which does both and shells can break horns). Keep in mind there is nothing wrong with switching weapon types at any time in your career as a monster hunter and is generally encouraged. Have fun

User Info: pnut027

pnut027
1 year ago#10
I feel like if you can take the time to learn a specific weapon, then you can be a monster with it.

However, there are some weapons which are better suited to certain situations than others.

f*** fighting bagel melee lol. God it pisses me off.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1417-all-things-podcasts
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Every weapon type is viable...
  • Topic Archived