Why the massive hate for the Handler?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why the massive hate for the Handler?

User Info: AngelSeven

AngelSeven
9 months ago#11
ZetaStriker posted...
I hate how she comes with me on missions just to randomly put herself in danger. There are so many scenes where she rushes forward and then a monster almost kills her.

She's basically the Princess Peach of the game. In a way, Princess Peach serves the same function in SOME Mario games since Mario also lacks a personality other than being heroic. Same as our character.
Live that life. About that life.

User Info: Baval

Baval
9 months ago#12
Partly that shes stupid. Shes always trying to get into danger.

Mostly the fact that shes responsible for the tutorials most of us already know how to do. Getting told annoying things make people dislike people.

She also isnt as attractive as the last handler, and Guildmarm is a hard act to follow.

She does have some cool moments though. I liked when she jumped down and threw the torch pod up to us in rotten vale.
Become one with the hunt. Forsake armor skills and discover true skills.

User Info: Jonexe

Jonexe
9 months ago#13
I don't really mind her. I actually think she's kind of cute in her own way. My biggest beef though is they didn't even bother to name her. It's hard to have any attachment to a character that's just a damsel in distress without even a proper name. It makes her feel like a throw away character that never actually gets thrown away.
"My life is a chip in your pile... ante up!"

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
9 months ago#14
Baval posted...
its mostly that shes stupid. Shes always trying to get into danger.

Theres also the fact that shes responsible for the tutorials most of us already know how to do. Getting told annoying things make people dislike people.

She does have some cool moments though. I liked when she jumped down and threw the torch pod up to us in rotten vale.

Hey! Did you know that the left stick moves your character?!

I swear, that prompt came up when I first got to Elder's Recess.

But yeah, Guildmarm was great. Moga Sweetheart was better too.

Guildmarm though. She wanted to bang a Brachy!
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: Ktimleck

Ktimleck
9 months ago#15
The problem is that most people who play MH have a total disconnect from the story due to an inability to care about anything other than actually playing, and absolute disdain for characters who are not always 100% competent and badass, despite the fact that those characters serve to juxtapose just how competent and badass the competent and badass characters actually are.

Sorry, did I say people who play MH? I meant people that play games in general.
PSN ID: Dorito_2 NNID: Numba4
Hey baby are you a 0% APR financing rate? Because I don't understand your terms and you keep telling me you have no interest.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
9 months ago#16
If a female character doesn't immediately give guys on GameFAQs a massive erection then there's good odds there's going to be complaints on this site.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: AngelSeven

AngelSeven
9 months ago#17
Jonexe posted...
I don't really mind her. I actually think she's kind of cute in her own way. My biggest beef though is they didn't even bother to name her. It's hard to have any attachment to a character that's just a damsel in distress without even a proper name. It makes her feel like a throw away character that never actually gets thrown away.

I do agree with this. I find it strange that they didn't name her, considering her role. My only thought is that they figure she doesn't need a name since she's only there to augment our character, but still....
Live that life. About that life.

User Info: Newbius

Newbius
9 months ago#18
I don't really hate her, but she does some things that can be annoying. Like how she tells you at the very beginning you can't fight monsters without a weapon, yet later on she will carelessly run off, with no weapon, and bump into a hostile monster with, again, no weapon.

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
9 months ago#19
incels doing the incel thing

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
9 months ago#20
AngelSeven posted...
ZetaStriker posted...
I hate how she comes with me on missions just to randomly put herself in danger. There are so many scenes where she rushes forward and then a monster almost kills her.

She's basically the Princess Peach of the game. In a way, Princess Peach serves the same function in SOME Mario games since Mario also lacks a personality other than being heroic. Same as our character.

except ya know, Peach is cute, doesnt rush in the danger, isnt forced on you, nor take credit.
Co Official D'va of the Overwatch Board, Nerf This =^_0=
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why the massive hate for the Handler?
  • Topic Archived