Post game is just boring and poorly done

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Post game is just boring and poorly done

User Info: Smackpwn

Smackpwn
6 months ago#1
The game was fun right up untill you stopped geting main story assignments, all the endgame consists of is walking around in expeditions mindlessly untill you are lucky enough to find a blue track, after you get enough of those you get a random investigation to kill a rehashed "tempered" monster with 10% more attack power, super boring and lame way to close out a enjoyable game
If im not replying to you, you are probably ignored for good reason

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
6 months ago#2
Smackpwn posted...
The game was fun right up untill you stopped geting main story assignments, all the endgame consists of is walking around in expeditions mindlessly untill you are lucky enough to find a blue track, after you get enough of those you get a random investigation to kill a rehashed "tempered" monster with 10% more attack power, super boring and lame way to close out a enjoyable game

This is monster hunter.

You grind. I'm not saying tempers are good, but I see little difference to apex/hyper/frenzy.

Those monsters I guess at least have some type of gimmick, but still, it's a grind. The investigation part, however, is frustrating for sure.
Xbox One GT - A7xSandslash, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: BlinkusMaximus

BlinkusMaximus
6 months ago#3
Smackpwn posted...

Or, and I might be crazy, you could find those same tracks during the quests you're supposed to be doing to grind new gear anyways.

That being said, it is pretty disappointing after previous titles. I wish they would bring in a Guild questline to give more challenge to players looking for more, or an MP questline after the story is over.

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
6 months ago#4
Would have been a lot better if Tempered ED investigations were infinite.
Should have been like GQs without the levelling.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

User Info: fireemblemomega

fireemblemomega
6 months ago#5
Why does it feel like we have half a game?
Relearning compassion. Yes, it is a thing.

User Info: ForlornWanderer

ForlornWanderer
6 months ago#6
Yeah... going to have to agree with you there. I don't find getting tempered investigations much of a chore really. But even as a minor chore it is a chore, and I think it could have been better implemented.

Hopefully they will fix it in a future update. I would like to see them give investigations from breaking monster parts in tempered investigations. That way once you find your few couple of investigations they would become self sustaining. Then it would just be another step in the story, like finding your elder dragon tracks. But yeah, going out and farming tracks in expeditions is kind of silly.

User Info: Villainous

Villainous
6 months ago#7
It's still better than Apex, but I agree it's not great.
FC: 2767-2257-8691
Final Fantasy Explorers

User Info: V-K

V-K
6 months ago#8
Calm down guys, this is a completely new system, I'm surprised they put in as much as they did.

With new updates and expansions there is gonna be way more.

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
6 months ago#9
V-K posted...
Calm down guys, this is a completely new system, I'm surprised they put in as much as they did.

With new updates and expansions there is gonna be way more.

I think this may be true... we will see.
Xbox One GT - A7xSandslash, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: Chachakaka

Chachakaka
6 months ago#10
fireemblemomega posted...
Why does it feel like we have half a game?

Because most multiplayer games are released at half done nowadays.

Guess it’s so the devs can get a payday and keep working.
Destiny of spirits, gone but never forgotten
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Post game is just boring and poorly done

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived