• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of How to Get ALL Mantles/Boosters

User Info: evo_soul

evo_soul
1 year ago#41
DaSnackBandit posted...
What does it mean when the Completed! sign next to the quest rank is blue instead of red? I'd imagine it means there are still quests that haven't been unlocked for that rank but I can't figure out what I have missing for 3* -- there doesn't seem to be any NPCs handing them out, unless it's related to monster research somehow.

EDIT: Turns out I needed to capture a Tobi-Kadachi and unlock its Special Arena quest. On to the next rank.

most of the "hidden" optional quests tend to be capture related.
just make sure to capture AT LEAST ONE LR AND ONE HR of every monster and you'll be fine.

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
1 year ago#42
evo_soul posted...
DaSnackBandit posted...
What does it mean when the Completed! sign next to the quest rank is blue instead of red? I'd imagine it means there are still quests that haven't been unlocked for that rank but I can't figure out what I have missing for 3* -- there doesn't seem to be any NPCs handing them out, unless it's related to monster research somehow.

EDIT: Turns out I needed to capture a Tobi-Kadachi and unlock its Special Arena quest. On to the next rank.

just make sure to capture AT LEAST ONE LR AND ONE HR of every monster and you'll be fine.

just capture HR

HR captures unlock both HR and LR quests

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 year ago#43
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Keegs77

Keegs77
1 year ago#44
zetsuhimoze posted...
Vitality mantle is wrong. Havent completed tickled pink and i already got it. You get it before the 2nd zorah magdaros fight.

I just fought Odogaron in the Rotten Vale for the first time and got it after that. So it's not even close to HR anything.
3DS FC - 4768-8080-2294

User Info: DaSnackBandit

DaSnackBandit
1 year ago#45
Aceviper posted...
evo_soul posted...
DaSnackBandit posted...

just capture HR

HR captures unlock both HR and LR quests

Aye, I'm going forward with this rule of thumb. 'Preciate it, fellas.
PSN: TheSnackBandit 3DS Friend Code: 4012 - 4623 - 9520
Gimme yer snacks!

User Info: zero829

zero829
1 year ago#46
Thank you so much!

User Info: chibistevo

chibistevo
1 year ago#47
I don't think this is quite correct at all. I know for a fact getting the apoctothry requires hunting a tempered Radobaan and Barroth separately to then get the required quest.

User Info: evo_soul

evo_soul
1 year ago#48
chibistevo posted...
I don't think this is quite correct at all. I know for a fact getting the apoctothry requires hunting a tempered Radobaan and Barroth separately to then get the required quest.

but then the quest still shows with 10 fully researched monsters does it not?
if you don't have 10 fully researched it will never pop up. so i'm sure it's correct in that regards.

User Info: Tennkenn

Tennkenn
1 year ago#49
Hmmm, I had Vitality Mantle before I'd even finished the last LR Story Quest so I don't think that's the actual unlock requirement.

The rest is nice though, cheers
PSN: Tennkenn
"Byrgenwyrth, Byrgenwyrth... Blasphemous murderers... blood... crazed... fiends..."

User Info: Dguzma07_PSN

Dguzma07_PSN
1 year ago#50
thanks for posting this. Wasn’t aware that there’s a a lot of mantles and gadgets to acquire.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of How to Get ALL Mantles/Boosters
  • Post New Message