i gotta admit first time i felt ripped off by a video game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. i gotta admit first time i felt ripped off by a video game.

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
5 months ago#1
While its not a BIG deal the beta did make multiplayer/online to be more streamlined match making. THe MP in this game is so confusing and barren its not even worth it.
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: Unquestionable

Unquestionable
5 months ago#2
It's not hard if you have friends to play with, takes like a minutes to send each other room codes. If not it's incredibly easy to just rely on SOS stuff to join or invite randoms. But yeah it's still a bit of a mess of a system.
Immanentize the eschaton

User Info: skylinefreek

skylinefreek
5 months ago#3
Use the SOS system.
i7-6700k@4.4 I 16gb G.Skill DDR4-3200 I MSI GTX-1070 I Seasonic M12II 620W I Asrock z170M Extreme4 I Apevia X-QBER I 256GB m.2 SDD I 1TB HDD I

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
5 months ago#4
Yea I am surprised they didn't just keep the beta system, it was a lot simpler and has less jumping through hoops.

User Info: agustusx

agustusx
5 months ago#5
Yeah, I do agree its strange how the beta system worked reasonably well. I think the current system is way to nested to be any good and it will be even worse over time.

SOS system works alright, but I'd rather not just drop in mid fight like that. Being able to communicate with team before the fight is valuable.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
5 months ago#6
The developers' vision for a thriving online gathering hub with 16 players looked cool in the trailers, but it was executed poorly and is missing key features that makes it practical to even use. They could have fixed this if they used the gathering hub for more I think. Sometimes I'm more inclined to join a person when I physically see them standing in front of me and they post a quest. I don't look at or care about the messages on the side of my screen, because there's no distinction between someone wanting to solo or actually wanting help on a quest.

Luckily though, the online hub and accessibility of the game were universally poorly received and complaints are flooding Capcom daily, so hopefully they'll do something about it. inb4 "It's Capcom, they won't."
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX / FFRK RW: 9GVD - Cloud - Finishing Touch
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: clockbottle

clockbottle
5 months ago#7
I get a full party about 2 minutes after firing my SOS every time. Then again, I tend to play late so it's always Japanese I fellers joining my game. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, maybe they make up more of the player base.

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
5 months ago#8
It's mostly functional

Search for SOS flares with rewards available, or start a quest and put up an SOS flare right at the start

That's how you get global matchmaking and it will usually get you a full party, but it takes a few minutes.

User Info: _Incanus_

_Incanus_
5 months ago#9
Glad I prefer to play solo lol I haven't had any issues with multiplayer the few times I have played with others.

User Info: Argol_vazin

Argol_vazin
5 months ago#10
am I crazy? this system is so simple and easy to use. like are people that dense they can't figure out "invite friend, post quest, fun times" or "join quest, sos, select target monster, join quest, fun times" or "launch SOS, fun times" each of those options takes all of 30 seconds
3DS 1032-1345-6477 ACNL: Malena from Seyana
Toph isn't blind, she just can't see anything less awesome then herself.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. i gotta admit first time i felt ripped off by a video game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived