What's the point of Capture missions if you can already so during Hunts instead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's the point of Capture missions if you can already so during Hunts instead?

User Info: agustusx

agustusx
6 months ago#11
If they didn't put in missions that unlocked stuff, i would have never bothered to capture anything ^_^

Cause I need a new hat, every day of the week.

User Info: baldersmashed

baldersmashed
6 months ago#12
They unlock arena quests to fight those monsters which may unlock additional rewards for completion.
PSN: Baldersmashed
Don't message me. Don't friend request me without a prompt. I'm friendly until you break these rules.

User Info: chippy_chan

chippy_chan
6 months ago#13
Yeah, I feel like the 'capture' investigations are not really necessary and are actually harder since you can fail if you accidentally kill the monster.

Typically they don't offer more money or bronze/silver/gold rewards than straight 'hunting' investigations either (some do because of the RNG of the investigations, but if you're lucky you can get better rewards for hunts). But hey, I guess they're good for an extra challenge?

I stick to the 'Hunt' investigations myself but always capture instead of kill for more drops.
PSN: chippychan ** 3DS FC: 3797-5716-6993
instagram: grog_and_games

User Info: Kageblade23

Kageblade23
6 months ago#14
Baha05 posted...
Rewards and money?

Its exactly this...more so rewards the loot tables are slightly different when capping or slaying i.e. los ruby will drop in cap rewards but not in carves unless you break the tail which has an even lower % rate to drop a ruby (extreme example and not true i thinky los rubys drop in normal carves but the idea)
3DSFC:1521-2934-6738, PSN(PS3/4/Vita):KagE_BLadE23, Wii-U NNID:Kage_Blade23

User Info: koranthus

koranthus
6 months ago#15
Kageblade23 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Rewards and money?

Its exactly this...more so rewards the loot tables are slightly different when capping or slaying i.e. los ruby will drop in cap rewards but not in carves unless you break the tail which has an even lower % rate to drop a ruby (extreme example and not true i thinky los rubys drop in normal carves but the idea)

Are the loot tables based on whether you cap/kill or based on the nature of the quest?

For example: Energetic A-Lister asks me to hunt a Rathian and I capture one instead, still winning. Later, Depressed A-Lister asks me to capture and I capture one to win.

Are the potential rewards any different?

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
6 months ago#16
I know this seems like a good question, but it is not.
Come check out some dope beats n stuff! Soundcloud.com/anubisinc

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
6 months ago#17
not sure how true it is, but I've noticed that you get higher rank and more rewards for capture then kill from the quest itself, like the kill was 2 white, the capture, was 1 white one orange, one gold or such.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: SayuriSatoru

SayuriSatoru
6 months ago#18
chippy_chan posted...
Yeah, I feel like the 'capture' investigations are not really necessary and are actually harder since you can fail if you accidentally kill the monster.

Typically they don't offer more money or bronze/silver/gold rewards than straight 'hunting' investigations either (some do because of the RNG of the investigations, but if you're lucky you can get better rewards for hunts). But hey, I guess they're good for an extra challenge?

I stick to the 'Hunt' investigations myself but always capture instead of kill for more drops.

Personally I don't agree with that in my experience. Capture investigations for me generally had more/better rewards.

Could be just RNG thpugh. But for an average investigation, captures are silver to gold for me with hunts being bronze to gold.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's the point of Capture missions if you can already so during Hunts instead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived