What is blast attack?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is blast attack?

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
6 months ago#1
not quiet sure how this works? do I need certain weapons for it or what? I can make zorah hide b but not sure if it's worth it.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: Nasada19

Nasada19
6 months ago#2
Blast attack will make weapons that have blast status on them better. You need a blast weapon for it to work.

The way blast works is that as you attack with your weapon you build up like a "blast meter". Depending on the monster you need more blast build up. Once you reached the limit, it will trigger an explosion that does a set amount of damage. Blast attack on the armor makes the build up quicker and the explosion do more damage.
PSN: Masamune19
Friend Code: 4785-7458-1463

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
6 months ago#3
Thanks, I use charge blade so wasn't sure if it was related to that or something else.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: naviney

naviney
6 months ago#4
Blast works similar to status ailments, while you attack the monster with blast weapon it will build up and once it reach the max "capacity" it will explode where you've hit the monster dealing a lot of damage.

EDIT: oh it was the skill sorry misunderstood
PSN: Femocha Pawn: Priscilla S/M/U
Dragon's Dogma leveling guide: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/210447-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/75921368

User Info: Proslogion

Proslogion
6 months ago#5
Blast, like all statuses, works best on faster attacking weapons like the sword and shield, dual blades and insect glaive. If you're using a weapon like the great sword you won't get much benefit from blast boosting skills.

User Info: Nasada19

Nasada19
6 months ago#6
wolfwing posted...
Thanks, I use charge blade so wasn't sure if it was related to that or something else.

Only if you use a blast charge blade. If you want your CB explosions to do more damage then use the skill "Artillery".
PSN: Masamune19
Friend Code: 4785-7458-1463
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is blast attack?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived