pre-download?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
7 months ago#21
Antfunk posted...
Atzenkiller posted...
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
Antfunk posted...
Is there a way to unlock a preload game early on PS4. Someone in another post was suggesting you could but I have no idea how.

I think it was Dunny but he also said it compromises your PSN account/ability to play online.

I'm sure your console has to connect online to unlock the game and I think it even downloads some last bit when the timer's up so there should be no way. Maybe if your console's hacked.

Yeah that’s what i always thought. Like you need a seed or something. That’s why I was shocked when this person claimed people had been doing it for ages.

Maybe on a 3DS as TC mentioned. Although I'm not sure if Nintendo really did such a crappy job so you might need a custom fw for that. The PS4 has been hacked too a while ago. Don't know what the current state there is but through normal means there's no way to get around it.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
7 months ago#22
It will start in 4 ans half an hour, it says the 24 in Europe
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Yuki Sanada

Yuki Sanada
7 months ago#23
Theme downloads right away.

I'm not sure about the size. One video I watched someone mentioned around 12GB on the XBOX ONE. Seems like a game this size would be more though so don't quote me on that. :)

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
7 months ago#24
Yuki Sanada posted...
Theme downloads right away.

I'm not sure about the size. One video I watched someone mentioned around 12GB on the XBOX ONE. Seems like a game this size would be more though so don't quote me on that. :)

It's possible, but could be the download to sit in menu till game is fully downloaded hehe

got to love only need to download to play, but then play means do nothing.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
7 months ago#25
Since I've just looked into it a bit it seems that it's actually possible to play games on Xbox up to 24 hours earlier than normal in your timezone. It sounds like you can switch regions on the Xbox without having to switch accounts. Definitely not a thing on PS4 but here's the link to the topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6vbpd7/how_to_play_d2_a_day_early_for_us_xboners/

offline1 posted...
you will need to do some research to use this

look up using a proxy on your ps4

https://pastebin.com/UGg06bMd

Care to elaborate further on this? Do you have to connect to some fake Sony server someone set up and is there an actual risk involved? In case it could work because like I said, normally the game downloads a few MB or so once the countdown's up so you shouldn't be able to play before that.

User Info: skytan100

skytan100
7 months ago#26
Mine is done. 14.32 GB but still version 1.00

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
7 months ago#27
skytan100 posted...
Mine is done. 14.32 GB but still version 1.00

Thats not bad, some of the 40-50GB games start to head into the 2-3 days.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: Antfunk

Antfunk
7 months ago#28
Atzenkiller posted...
Since I've just looked into it a bit it seems that it's actually possible to play games on Xbox up to 24 hours earlier than normal in your timezone. It sounds like you can switch regions on the Xbox without having to switch accounts. Definitely not a thing on PS4 but here's the link to the topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6vbpd7/how_to_play_d2_a_day_early_for_us_xboners/

offline1 posted...

Care to elaborate further on this? Do you have to connect to some fake Sony server someone set up and is there an actual risk involved? In case it could work because like I said, normally the game downloads a few MB or so once the countdown's up so you shouldn't be able to play before that.

I googled and couldn’t find anything. People don’t like to talk about it.

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
7 months ago#29
wolfwing posted...
I don't know about the ps4, but what I usually see is for world wide release games, people make their consoles think they are japanese or such, least with 3ds games since often they can start playing/downloading a few hours ahead.

I've never heard of that working on PSN or eShop. The only place/method I've seen where people were able to do something like that was if the game releases in another region first and you just straight up buy the game in the other region off that region's network. For example, years ago I got a PS3 game called "The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum" a week before the US release because I downloaded it off the EU PSN. Not sure about Xbox systems. Now, on PC I've heard of people using VPNs to unlock games early on certain platforms(like Steam or Origin or whatever). Though that can get your account banned so definitely not worth it.

User Info: skytan100

skytan100
7 months ago#30
Antfunk posted...
Atzenkiller posted...

offline1 posted...

I googled and couldn’t find anything. People don’t like to talk about it.

Just buy digital from australia. They are the most ahead in the timezone and gets to play it first with exceptions to early access like Japan.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived