• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do so many people confuse quality of life changes with lowering difficulty?

User Info: TheEvilOmega

TheEvilOmega
1 year ago#1
They're really not the same. Archaic, busted old controls and set-ups should be replaced and streamlined because games are supposed to be fun. A game shouldn't be more difficult because the controls suck or weird mechanics hinder your ability to play the game.

Also, creating a low skill floor with a high ceiling makes a game more inclusive, creates a more comfortable learning curve, and makes hard stuff more rewarding to accomplish. Better that something's hard because it takes skill, planning, and knowledge than hard because it's clunky.
"It was my destiny to be here; in the box."- Big Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmQxXPOMMY

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 year ago#2
World has a lower skill ceiling than any prior MH with all of the environmental hazards, Mantles like Rocksteady, slower monsters, more weak points than ever, monsters tripping all the time and staying down forever (longest I've seen from Rathalos was 5 times longer than previous games), and most weapons having devolved into "spam the strongest move as much as possible". Among other things.

User Info: claudiov92

claudiov92
1 year ago#3
You don't know what are you talking about.

User Info: raizenyx

raizenyx
1 year ago#4
busted old controls and set-ups should be replaced and streamlined because games are supposed to be fun

This reminds me of how much Resident Evil players cried (still do) because of the gameplay changes

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#5
The QoL improvements in World are great, especially when it comes to gathering

It sounds to me like you didn't want to talk about QoL though, just the combat
"Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away."

User Info: Firesplitter

Firesplitter
1 year ago#6
You mean quality of life changes such as making LBG users immortal?
Question everything, take nothing for granted. That is the only way to find the truth.

User Info: Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen
1 year ago#7
The very same people confuse bad controls with just being not good at the game, too.
GOTY 2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn
Top 5 GOAT: Secret of Mana, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls

User Info: Bahamut_Shin

Bahamut_Shin
1 year ago#8
Firesplitter posted...

LBG?
* I don't speak english!! * Fc: 0018-3472-8988
Star Fox: Danse Danse https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8281067008/hE56769EA/

User Info: Firesplitter

Firesplitter
1 year ago#9
Bahamut_Shin posted...
Firesplitter posted...

LBG?

Light bow gun.
Question everything, take nothing for granted. That is the only way to find the truth.

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 year ago#10
Nah, going off the leaked stream, low rank is easier than usual and there's plenty of changes that give the hunter more advantages than before.

meme topic
Dedicated MHW Discord (WIP) https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why do so many people confuse quality of life changes with lowering difficulty?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers