• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Befriending Monsters

User Info: Black_Phoenix09

Black_Phoenix09
1 year ago#1
I've noticed every now and then in missions, I somehow "befriend" a monster which will follow you, attack other monsters you attack (including bosses), even climb vines (which is hilarious)

I believe it has something to do with your felyne (I think I saw mines jump on the monster back before he converts it), but I'm not too sure how it works

Things I do notice is that once you befriend a monster, you can't damage/kill them. Unsure if any enemy monster can kill them
PSN: Seize718

Black_Phoenix09
1 year ago#2
Bump, to find more info on this mechanic

User Info: minime724

minime724
1 year ago#3
If you read some of the tool tips it tells you your cat thing has a chance to convince the monster to fight with you.

User Info: Athenov

Athenov
1 year ago#4
usually happens to me when your bounty is running/rampaging through their nest. They would see you chasing or attacking and would join you. That's how i see it.
Psn: Athenov

Black_Phoenix09
1 year ago#5
minime724 posted...
If you read some of the tool tips it tells you your cat thing has a chance to convince the monster to fight with you.

ahh ok, thats a cool little addition... i wonder how far this mechanic can go. If they can convert multiple monsters at a time or even the additional bosses themselves within the quest (i doubt it). Also if certain monsters can give you buffs/ debuff other enemies.

Overall I welcome it

User Info: euklb

euklb
1 year ago#6
Black_Phoenix09 posted...
minime724 posted...

ahh ok, thats a cool little addition... i wonder how far this mechanic can go. If they can convert multiple monsters at a time or even the additional bosses themselves within the quest (i doubt it). Also if certain monsters can give you buffs/ debuff other enemies.

Overall I welcome it

So its confirmed in the main game that your cat will learn the "Language" of the monsters by finding those little cat tribes around the maps, once learnt they can convince the small monsters of the game to help fight for you. its been shown in some demos as well that some of the small monsters have status attacks like paralyze and poison that can hit and stun/poison the larger monsters. They wont be able to recruit the large monsters though.
Dam that sorcerer, 20 gold pieces and im wankered on rohypnol

User Info: SmurfNextDoor

SmurfNextDoor
1 year ago#7
Well, I've seen my Felyne actually riding one of those little versions of the 2nd monster. Thought that was really cool. I feel like he befriends them more often if I'm careful not to attack them too much. If I've killed a few usually it's no dice, but might be a coincidence.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire...?
"You can highlight select parts of a post so when you hit quote, you completely remove all context." - AltusJ

Black_Phoenix09
1 year ago#8
Appreciate the info everyone, thanks.

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
1 year ago#9
Yeah, it is the Palico mounting/befriending them.

Also, your little car friend sometimes will recruit other friendly cats that you encounter while running around. There are a variety of them, each with different skills/abilities. While doing the second hunt I somehow managed to find a trio of them, then later fought the beast near another spot where a fourth was up on a cliff above playing an instrument giving buffs. While one of the ground ones was laying down explosive traps, and stuff.

The Palico also has a wide assortment of weapons of its own, not including the equipped ones. Somehow mine once ended up pushing a little shopping cart/baby buggy thing around, which turned out to be a miniature catapult. They will also use inflatable rafts if you are fighting in/around water.

I really hope that they let us keep our cats, even in a full group. They are awesome, and it will suck to go adventuring without my little friend.
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.

Black_Phoenix09
1 year ago#10
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Yeah, it is the Palico mounting/befriending them.

Also, your little car friend sometimes will recruit other friendly cats that you encounter while running around. There are a variety of them, each with different skills/abilities. While doing the second hunt I somehow managed to find a trio of them, then later fought the beast near another spot where a fourth was up on a cliff above playing an instrument giving buffs. While one of the ground ones was laying down explosive traps, and stuff.

The Palico also has a wide assortment of weapons of its own, not including the equipped ones. Somehow mine once ended up pushing a little shopping cart/baby buggy thing around, which turned out to be a miniature catapult. They will also use inflatable rafts if you are fighting in/around water.

I really hope that they let us keep our cats, even in a full group. They are awesome, and it will suck to go adventuring without my little friend.

Yea I definitely notice the raft in deep water, which was hilariously adorable. I love how the developers actually made the environment highly interactive with you and the creatures within thus i have a better understanding of the word "World"
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Befriending Monsters
  • Topic Archived