• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. newcomer. timed quest?

User Info: Maestro_AN

Maestro_AN
1 year ago#1
just learned that there are timed quests.

are all of them timed?
and u can approach game slowly only in free roam?

but if u can hunt in free roam, what's the point of hunt moster "N" quests? additional rewards? or there is no such quests and i misunderstood?

problem is i hated timed quests/tasks in every game.

or timer is generous and is more of a skill+gear check.

and i actually liked timed nightfall's in destiny 2 because it's spiced thing up. made me rush instead of playing super safe. and it was enjoyable experience.

but in mh u kinda fight a 1 huge
monster on a timer... not sure how much pressure this timer will have, and maybe it will take away all the fun from me...

User Info: -soy-

-soy-
1 year ago#2
this is how it works in prev mh games:

u could go out and free roam, just hunt stuff and explore. you take home what you carve and gather. no time limit.

or you could go on missions (quest). there will be time limits -very generous time limits. but you will get money & quest rewards, as well as your carves and whatever you gathered.
because somebody is paying you to get rid of a monster, of course. we hunters are like the witchers for giant monsters.

at first, rookies will struggle with the 50 minutes time limit to hunt down just one monster.
but as you get better and gather friends, you'll be slaying monsters in 5 to 10 minutes. and u kinda just forget altogether that mh have time limits.

Maestro_AN
1 year ago#3
so timer is only a challenge until u "git gud"

and there are more chances to lose because u get rekt by a monster, not time limit.

ok then.)

User Info: Crash4654

Crash4654
1 year ago#4
Maestro_AN posted...

and there are more chances to lose because u get rekt by a monster, not time limit.

ok then.)

It's 50 minutes and I have never even come close to pushing that time limit to it's max. And I'm not the greatest by far. It's just as a check because if you can't do it in 50 minutes, you probably shouldn't be doing it at all.

Maestro_AN
1 year ago#5
thx everyone for clarification

User Info: MavyMaverick

MavyMaverick
1 year ago#6
Maestro_AN posted...

ok then.)

Other than the time limit, there's basically a 3 death limit.
No, my name has nothing to do with Mavericks from Megaman.

Maestro_AN
1 year ago#7
MavyMaverick posted...
Maestro_AN posted...

ok then.)

i even would be ok with 1 death limit really:) but i am glad there is 3)

User Info: EX_Bortthog

EX_Bortthog
1 year ago#8
The timer is extremely generous even for new players, anywhere between 20 minutes to a full hour

There are much more strict quests in terms of time but by the point those appear your expected to be able to do them
#1 Cactus
https://youtu.be/a2Qw-ztFrK4 LETS GET HYPE

User Info: MavyMaverick

MavyMaverick
1 year ago#9
Maestro_AN posted...
MavyMaverick posted...
Maestro_AN posted...

ok then.)

i even would be ok with 1 death limit really:) but i am glad there is 3)

Yep. Also, if you gather any materials while on a quest and end up failing the quest, you get to keep the materials. You also lose any items from your pouch that you've used, as well as the quest fee.
Abandoning the quest will revert you to your pre-quest status.
No, my name has nothing to do with Mavericks from Megaman.

User Info: -soy-

-soy-
1 year ago#10
Maestro_AN posted...

ok then.)

spot on, mate.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. newcomer. timed quest?
  • Topic Archived