• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. I have tried. Really wanted to love this but..

User Info: spideyguy9313

spideyguy9313
1 year ago#1
Pretty weak all in all.
I get that its cool these days when a game doesnt 'hold your hand' but is there supposed to be any sorta point to this mess? Wander around til you are cheaply killed and get sent back 45 mins just to wander again?

So wanted to love this game. Bought it day one.
I personally am extremely disappoint in it.
Maybe its just me but....
With great power comes blah, blah, blah......

User Info: GuyFawkes5

GuyFawkes5
1 year ago#2
The dying and having to do stuff again is a pain in the A for sure. Especially after getting collectibles.
I was reborn in the fire of a muzzle flash.

User Info: SpiritualBegga

SpiritualBegga
1 year ago#3
It's not just you.

The gameplay is boring, there are many technical issues, and even the design has less highs than lows (it's too dark for one, and NPCs and their animations look outdated).

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
1 year ago#4
Now that it's been patched, I really like it, except for the gawdawful martyr voice acting. It's like Sega CD level of VA, sometime. Other than that, I find the maze to be really intense. Knowing where the skulls are the next time I play but also realizing there are multiple vagina-headed things trying to murder my current body is...I wouldn't say fun, but I appreciate it.

User Info: ImMrMojoRisin

ImMrMojoRisin
1 year ago#5
It's like you're in a relationship where the game hates you, but it expects you to love it back and give it all the attention that it deserves. And praising it only makes it abuse you more. But when you ignore it, it says "fine, be on your own then", but you are somehow less of a person without it.

User Info: Darque

Darque
1 year ago#6
It's a horror game that doesn't hold your hand.

Have players become so jaded they need a game to point the way for you?

If so, hit R3 - it'll do just that.
Jill Valentine > You

User Info: sirtesson

sirtesson
1 year ago#7
Darque posted...

Game design 101- don't leave your players wandering out totally confused it isn't fun for most players there's a reason the old school insane difficulty died. It was a way to pad game time in most cases and was rarely fun. It's ok to be challenging but if you give your players no idea what to do and kill them repeatedly your game will fail. The days of games being hard with no point are over. Cup head and dark souls still give you a direction and a goal even with their difficulty you're never left wandering aimelessly
PSN:Templarknight75 LGBT gamer & proud of it don't like it? too bad
GT:XxDark90SirenxX

User Info: ImMrMojoRisin

ImMrMojoRisin
1 year ago#8
sirtesson posted...
Darque posted...

Game design 101- don't leave your players wandering out totally confused it isn't fun for most players there's a reason the old school insane difficulty died. It was a way to pad game time in most cases and was rarely fun. It's ok to be challenging but if you give your players no idea what to do and kill them repeatedly your game will fail. The days of games being hard with no point are over. Cup head and dark souls still give you a direction and a goal even with their difficulty you're never left wandering aimelessly

LOL so does this game. As the previous person said, you can literally press a button and have the game tell you where to go. And there are always mission goals listed as well.

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
1 year ago#9
sirtesson posted...
Darque posted...

Game design 101- don't leave your players wandering out totally confused it isn't fun for most players there's a reason the old school insane difficulty died. It was a way to pad game time in most cases and was rarely fun.

It's a survival game though, or at least that's what it's listed as at this site. Survival games generally leave it up to you to discover at your own discretion. I think the game looks boring as hell, but I'm just saying don't fault the game for doing exactly what every single game (Ark, Rust, Forest, Conan Exiles, soon to be Fallout 76, etc.) within the survival genre does.

Besides with the popularity of Dark Souls, it doesn't seem as though "old school insane difficulty" has died at all. If anything it has gotten a resurgence because most people are sick and tired of games babying the crap out of them.

The latest Zelda game has also went back to its roots where you're not told where to go at all. you're meant to explore the game rather than following scripted events.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
1 year ago#10
sirtesson posted...
Darque posted...

Sounds like you just need to grow some balls. Go play Barbie's Dream Adventure or whatever is more your speed.
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. I have tried. Really wanted to love this but..
  • Topic Archived