• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. Has anyone actually finished the first level??

User Info: smiddy_the_sic

smiddy_the_sic
1 year ago#21
I have been a member if this site since 2009, I live in Western Australia..how is it you think I am being paid by the developer to promote the game? Go home kid lol
A violent reaction, struggling only to keep myself alive! -AHC- Back with a vengeance!!!
PSN ID- smiddy_the_sic

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
1 year ago#22
c***_elvis posted...

And it's also safe to assume that anyone defending this game in it's present form on this board is being paid by the devs to do so (it comes out of the marketing budget, and low-information trolls are much more cost effective than traditional advertising.) I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work on me!

Oh, shut the f*** up. This is not an EA game where they would actually have the money to do something like that. It's a shame that you're a pathetic loser who has to hang around a message board all day, trying to insult a game like three people have heard of, by your own admission, but it just makes you seem like even more of a loser.

CLupula
1 year ago#23
smiddy_the_sic posted...
I have been a member if this site since 2009, I live in Western Australia..how is it you think I am being paid by the developer to promote the game? Go home kid lol

Obvious Cock_Elvis thinks this was a long term plan and the devs started paying you in 2009 and me in 2005. They are just rolling in enough cash to do that, obviously.

User Info: Darque

Darque
1 year ago#24
spock_elvis posted...
CLupula posted...
spock_elvis posted...
smiddy_the_sic posted...
Bahahahahaha...gamefaqs is seriously just a bunch of whiny kids. Move on if you don’t like it..all this negativity for an indie game which is the first outing for a team of 9..why can’t anyone be constructive with their cristicism?? I’m ashamed of the human race, for real..and they are working so hard to patch their passion project..what have any of you done lately besides b**** and moan?? Lol

I'd say the $40 entitles you to post on this board, whether you're adoring the game or not.

And do you have the receipts from everybody who is trolling here? You act like every one of them actually bought the game. In truth, maybe one or two did. The rest are just being dicks.

And this comment is proof that buying the game and being a dick isn't mutually exclusive. Anyway, it's safe to assume that the only people who heard of this game are the one's that bought it. There are way too many other games released recently for people to waste their time posting on the board for this obscure title to be "dicks".

And it's also safe to assume that anyone defending this game in it's present form on this board is being paid by the devs to do so (it comes out of the marketing budget, and low-information trolls are much more cost effective than traditional advertising.) I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work on me!

Are you on drugs? Asking for a friend.

While I can understand this game isn't for everyone, or even a majority of everyone, it's hardly as bad as some are going on about.

Maybe pre-patched (I don't know as I was wise enough to wait for a patch or two) - but in its current state I haven't encountered any bugs except collectibles becoming... uncollected. *

*that I know of.
Jill Valentine > You

CLupula
1 year ago#25
Finally got out of the maze early this morning. The Pit is just visually awesome with all the teeth everywhere and the succubus that showed up at one point.

User Info: Gotham9843

Gotham9843
1 year ago#26
The only problems I'm having is the audio being all messed up. Static sounds every now and then(and rarely, nonstop), repeating dialogue and sound effects.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: joossa

joossa
1 year ago#27
CLupula posted...
Finally got out of the maze early this morning. The Pit is just visually awesome with all the teeth everywhere and the succubus that showed up at one point.

It gets better. Honestly, the Mind Maze was a turn off and should have been placed later in the game.
http://i.imgur.com/4grC3dY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XeyodKn.jpg http://i.imgur.com/57j9h7E.gif
http://i.imgur.com/kWxRcyY.png http://i.imgur.com/LamZKvZ.jpg

CLupula
1 year ago#28
joossa posted...
CLupula posted...

It gets better. Honestly, the Mind Maze was a turn off and should have been placed later in the game.

Yeah, I just got to the part where a new type of demon appeared and chased me into the light. I didn't mind the Mind Maze, but I am actually love these new parts. Also, that was a unique way to lay bricks.

User Info: Pfloydguy2

Pfloydguy2
1 year ago#29
I'm really on the fence with Agony, but I'm leaning in its favor. On one hand, all the bugs have been absolutely infuriating. The soul possession mechanic, while a cool idea, is implemented poorly and is far too frequently too glitchy to even work. It's frustrating when your only available martyr is being camped on by a demon, and while you wait for it to leave, your timer expires. Or when you have several available martyrs, but the game refuses to let you possess any of them....and then your timer expires. There was another bug with a green ghost that insta-killed me in the first area several times. On a later play session, I still had no idea how to get past it, but it never showed up and I waltzed right through.

The mind maze was stupidly frustrating until I leaner to spam the directional hints. And when I finally unlocked the exit, I wanted to go back and find the last body part to see what that did, but I was so frustrated with that area I just chose to leave. I never do that in games. The maze should've been either scaled way back, or placed later in the game. Or, there should have been tutorial hints or, better yet, an area whose layout teaches you the skills you need to use in the maze before you get there.

On the other hand, now that I'm past the maze, the game is much more enjoyable. I've seen some of the areas that were shown off long ago, that got me interested in the game initially. And I'm seeing some really cool level design that makes up for the early, semi-boring areas. It's too bad the game couldn't have had another year or so of polish, because I think this really has potential to be something great. At this rate I'll still enjoy the game, but it's hard to get over my initial disappointment.

User Info: DJay612

DJay612
1 year ago#30
For the record this game is not a bad game if you have patience, which I realize in this new give me easy now world of everything is hard but this game was worth it to me. I enjoyed beating this game and now working on other endings.

I also would like to point out the obvious of a few things. Firstly you can only possess a human not wearing the head cover. If you want to use them when you die you must pull it off of the heads as that's why some wear it. You also should turn on easy takeovers if you find it so hard. There is however a technique to it. All you do is follow the circular part around with the camera until it does work, if you use the easy possession it does it for you as long as you hold the button and are able to posses them. Some of the humans are harder to control and it's impossible to possess the demons until you are given the ability to and not all can be. There are doors and a few spots meant only for succubus mode after beating the game at least once. Also anytime it saves at a checkpoint or end of level just to be safe upload the save afterwards or put it on a storage device to avoid corrupt saves.
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. Has anyone actually finished the first level??
  • Topic Archived