• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. PS4 version "tortured by bugs"....4/10 review

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
1 year ago#1
And I don't mean the torture that the game depicts or spiders in hell :)

The review is from thesixthaxis.com. One quote: "Whilst the visuals and atmosphere mostly live up to these expectations, my abiding feeling after playing Agony is one of having been tortured by bugs, crashes, unbalanced gameplay and often unfair insta-deaths."

The unfair deaths, I can live with....being that all kinds of games have them. But the bugs and crashes are bad. There is also reference to screen tearing, like we heard in the last few days.

I hope the Devs are aware of these issues and patch them soon.

Here's the review link:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/05/29/agony-review/
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"

User Info: Abrey1985

Abrey1985
1 year ago#2
So weird that I've been playing for hours with no issues but everyone else seems to have a lot. Just like yooka laylee and its "horrible camera" it's just over exaggerated

User Info: Kamuikun

Kamuikun
1 year ago#3
Abrey1985 posted...
So weird that I've been playing for hours with no issues but everyone else seems to have a lot. Just like yooka laylee and its "horrible camera" it's just over exaggerated

same here

PlayTheGnome
1 year ago#4
Are you guys playing on PS4? That's crazy that you're having no issues, but a good sign. I've read multiple reports on Twitter also of people complaining about the bugs in the game.

Did ya'll buy physical copy or Digital?

This is an excerpt from a Reddit post about the game on PS4:

Worst screen tearing I've seen in a long time. It's near constant. Even in the Splash screen before the main menu, FFS!

FPS is pretty inconsistent. Serious drops in certain areas.

(Both these factors suggest that if some kind of V-sync was enabled the FPS would tank even more.)

It seems to be less than 1080p. Maybe 720? Looks less than say the 900p you get in Battlefield 4.

Has lots of shimmer and Lod pop-in.

I don't see anything that suggests there's any kind of PS4 Pro support whatsoever.

The game is ridiculously dark in certain places and not in a fun way. It's easy to lose your orientation completely.

Controls are a bit clunky but not a deal breaker.

Haven't had any crashes personally but the game doesn't exactly scream stability.

Audio is glitchy sometimes. You can get static and repeated lines of dialogue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8mv0ii/any_reviews_for_agony_yet/

User Info: CatCouch

CatCouch
1 year ago#5
I'm playing on my original 2013 PS4, physical and have only had issues with screen tearing. Everything else is pretty smooth and fun. I turned the controls sensitivity up and it felt good.
My art! http://catcouch.deviantart.com/

User Info: bentleym33

bentleym33
1 year ago#6
Yeah screen tearing is awful. Worst I've seen on ps4. It's pretty constant and right in the middle of the screen. fps could be better too. The game just feels really sluggish. And it can definitely be too dark at times. I havnt had any audio glitches but I've had a major visual one where all the mist/smoke turned into big bright green/white squares. I think I'm gonna wait for a few more patches before committing to finishing (or trying to finish. It's hard!) the game. If the developers even improve it.

PlayTheGnome
1 year ago#7
That's a real shame. Thanks for posting your experiences. FWIW, the game seems to have the same issues on XBox One, from reading that same Reddit thread. I know this was a Kickstarter project and it's from a small studio, so we cut them a little slack but it's very disappointing to hear the performance issues the game is having.

In my prior experience, I suspect the game will go down to $19.99 in the coming weeks and I might take a shot then, especially if a patch is released.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 year ago#8
I picked this up a couple hours ago and yeah...

it's really bad

I have never seen a game with this much screen tearing and the texture pop-in is awful as well

I'm gonna take a break and hope they release a patch soon cause I can't enjoy the game like it is now
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: smiddy_the_sic

smiddy_the_sic
1 year ago#9
I bought digital and after the day 1 patch am only experiencing minor screen tearing. Evrything else seems hunky dory so far :)
A violent reaction, struggling only to keep myself alive! -AHC- Back with a vengeance!!!
PSN ID- smiddy_the_sic

User Info: XxJaymezxX

XxJaymezxX
1 year ago#10
Abrey1985 posted...

Bro I have an audio glitch that literaly is stuck ticking and making f***ed noises in my menu and in game. Restarted the game and console many times and it’s still there. Games literaly broken for me not really exaggeration
  1. Boards
  2. Agony
  3. PS4 version "tortured by bugs"....4/10 review
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers