You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM VFR
  3. is it a brand new experience or a rehashed Doom + VR?

User Info: Ryo_chan

Ryo_chan
6 months ago#1
Still haven't dediced on Doom VFR, as I can't find info on this game.
Like in title, is it a brand new experience (= brand new levels, new story, character etc.) or it just a "light" edition of the original Doom with added VR functions?

Can I play without Move controllers? Is it worth?
Thank you

User Info: saintforlife

saintforlife
1 month ago#2
I'm wondering the same thing.

User Info: selfdeztruction

selfdeztruction
2 weeks ago#3
The game is really great (I've been a doom fan for 24 years) and it's awesome with the moves if you are standing but sitting down really requires the aim or DS4.

Turning with the moves really requires that you turn your body in that direction and then using the moves to walk or teleport in that direction. Teleporting in this game isn't like teleporting in other games because you need to teleport into flashing enemies to finish them off (you get health that way) or you can shoot them until they die.

There's also hidden items in the game and teleporting helps you to get to them or to get to a better vantage spot for firefights.
PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,WiiU,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4Pro 2TB & PSVR.I'm no super hero,just a Oklahoma gamer.That flies
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Ryo_chan
1 week ago#4
thanks.

I don't like to teleport in VR games, I prefer the free movements, can I choose to not use teleport?

The campaing is brand new compared to Doom (2016)?
You can avoid teleporting and it is its own game and not just a VR version or reimagining
PSN/NNID/XBL (PSP,PS3,Vita,PS4,WiiU,3DSXL,360) 3.5" 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD PS4Pro 2TB & PSVR.I'm no super hero,just a Oklahoma gamer.That flies

Ryo_chan
1 week ago#6
good info, thank you selfdeztruction :)
You're welcome, you even unlock classic doom levels (with the current enemy styles) by finding doomguy bobble heads that are hidden in the Doom VFR levels. It's crazy seeing doom and doom 2 levels in VR.

Ryo_chan
1 week ago#8
selfdeztruction posted...
You're welcome, you even unlock classic doom levels (with the current enemy styles) by finding doomguy bobble heads that are hidden in the Doom VFR levels. It's crazy seeing doom and doom 2 levels in VR.

with this last info, this Doom VFR is becoming a real priority :D
Ryo_chan posted...
with this last info, this Doom VFR is becoming a real priority :D

It's awesome lol! I got the first 3 doom game's for my 36th birthday last week (I received the 32X version of doom for my 12th birthday) and I played and beat doom last week and I'm playing doom 2 for the first time and seeing those levels in VR (while the classic versions are fresh in my mind) is completely unreal and really heightens my love of doom VFR.

I really hope that they make a full fledged $60 doom VR game after doom eternal comes out. I'd totally pay $60 for doom 2016 in VR or $60 for a full doom and doom 2 classic VR bundle.

tl:dr I really don't have enough good things to say about doom VFR.

stl:sdr Doom VFR is RFG Doom
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM VFR
  3. is it a brand new experience or a rehashed Doom + VR?