• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. The Monitor's Javelin... [Spoilers]

User Info: Lightshadow1

Lightshadow1
4 weeks ago#1
What do you think happened to the Monitor's Javelin? Did the freelancer take it? was it completely non operational after the ending? Was it just left behind (and if so, wtf)?
Intolerance is something that tolerant people are intolerant of.
Aerdrie on FFBE - Friend Code: 047-032-955 ADD ME!

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
4 weeks ago#2
It was absorbed into his body, as he achieved superior mass.
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.

User Info: videogameman94

videogameman94
4 weeks ago#3
Rampagingwalrus posted...

I don’t see how improved prayer would absorb a metal suit into his body, but whatever.
Official Interceptor of the Anthem Boards

Rampagingwalrus
4 weeks ago#4
videogameman94 posted...

I don’t see how improved prayer would absorb a metal suit into his body, but whatever.

You speak heresy.

Lightshadow1
4 weeks ago#5

Actually, in the scene where you enter the Cenotaph, his javelin can clearly be seen, in fact the protagonist even interacts with it, as the helmet opens up and falls over showing the javelin to be empty... therefore, it's fully intact, so...?

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
4 weeks ago#6
Lightshadow1 posted...

Actually, in the scene where you enter the Cenotaph, his javelin can clearly be seen, in fact the protagonist even interacts with it, as the helmet opens up and falls over showing the javelin to be empty... therefore, it's fully intact, so...?

It's missing in the scene after the fight... Perhaps The Monitor landed on it prior to Haluk smashing the strider into him.

Lightshadow1
4 weeks ago#7
clarinet1 posted...
Lightshadow1 posted...

It's missing in the scene after the fight... Perhaps The Monitor landed on it prior to Haluk smashing the strider into him.

Yeah, that's why I am wondering what happened to it? I mean I doubt it's something they would just leave behind, i would imagine Haluk or Faye wouldn't just leave it behind while you are fighting the boss version of the monitor? I really hope they address this at some point, or even allow it to be the next javelin they add into the game or whatnot.

Rampagingwalrus
4 weeks ago#8
Owen probably stole it. That little s*** steals everything not bolted down.

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
4 weeks ago#9
Crazy Theory:

What if while The Freelancer fought The Monitor in that acid area, Doctor Harkens emerged from the Cenotaph and escaped in The Monitor's Javelin?

Doctor Harkens was last seen activating his device on the Cenotaph and has been MIA since that day. Meanwhile his actions resulted in the activation of the Shaper device in the Emerald Abyss that had been causing people to go missing over the past decade. (Proof that people can vanish into the Anthem and return years later) Could it be that the Cenotaph had absorbed Harkens and released him during the battle? It would explain his 10 year absence and sudden return. (Assuming Harkens new scenes aren't going to be flashbacks)

Lightshadow1
4 weeks ago#10
clarinet1 posted...
Crazy Theory:

What if while The Freelancer fought The Monitor in that acid area, Doctor Harkens emerged from the Cenotaph and escaped in The Monitor's Javelin?

Doctor Harkens was last seen activating his device on the Cenotaph and has been MIA since that day. Meanwhile his actions resulted in the activation of the Shaper device in the Emerald Abyss that had been causing people to go missing over the past decade. (Proof that people can vanish into the Anthem and return years later) Could it be that the Cenotaph had absorbed Harkens and released him during the battle? It would explain his 10 year absence and sudden return. (Assuming Harkens new scenes aren't going to be flashbacks)

Harkens scenes post-Monitor? Where are you getting that from? I hadn't heard of any scenes involving Doctor Harkens other than the initial fall of Freemark scene in the earliest part of the game?
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. The Monitor's Javelin... [Spoilers]
  • Topic Archived