• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. PSA: DO NOT RISK PLAYING Anthem UNILL A PATCH COMES UP

User Info: AntonioS30

AntonioS30
4 months ago#1
test only for no all caps rule
I REALLY STRESS IT, EVERYONE. DO NOT CONTINUE USING ANTHEM. ANTHEM HAS A MAJOR BUG THAT CAN COMPLETELY HARD CRASH YOUR PLAYSTATION 4. YES, REALLY. A HARD CRASH IS WHERE THE PS4 SHUTS DOWN SUDDENLY, AS IF THE POWER JUST GOT CUT OFF. A SOFT CRASH IS WHERE THE GAME CRASHES TO PS4 LOBBY. THERE ARE TWO WAYS YOUR PLAYSTATION 4 CAN HARD CRASH; WHEN TRYING TO CLOSE ANTHEM AND WHEN MATCHMAKING OR PLAYING.
I REALLY STRESS THIS TO EVERYONE. THIS IS THE VERY FIRST GAME IN WHICH A HARD CRASH CAN CAUSE YOUR PLAYSTATION 4 TO BRICK FOREVER, MEANING THAT YOUR PS4 MIGHT SUDDENLY NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BOOT UP, THUS LOSING ACCESS TO THE SYSTEM AND HAVING TO FORMAT THE SYSTEM TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN.
Switch FC: SW-4494-7438-0796
Official Mario of Smash Ultimate

User Info: ROTTEN

ROTTEN
4 months ago#2
Breaking news.

User Info: InfinityZERO

InfinityZERO
4 months ago#3
It might be even worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi2yCL9n8QM
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic

User Info: konokonohamaru

konokonohamaru
4 months ago#4
Thank you for the warning.
Official Tingle of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
Add this sig if you genuinely like Piranha Plant

User Info: Dryheave999

Dryheave999
4 months ago#5
Oh my god the drama queens are off the chain with this thing. Your console will be fine.
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
4 months ago#6
This is true. In my case, my PS4 shut down and became completely unresponsive for several minutes. I honestly thought my PS4 had blown a cap or something. Then it restarted in safe mode and did a few checks I've never seen before, including downloading the system firmware, but it was fine after that.

Never heard of an actual bricking before, though. I suppose that can happen if the firmware is corrupted and the console thinks you were trying to mod your console or something.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
4 months ago#7
Dryheave999 posted...
Oh my god the drama queens are off the chain with this thing. Your console will be fine.

Feel free to say that again when there's a user making a topic about the opposite.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: twotoothmcgee

twotoothmcgee
4 months ago#8
lmao more of this

User Info: Da1N02

Da1N02
4 months ago#9
I'm not buying this story until I see a video of this.. I've played this game I know maybe 70+ hours and while the actual game has crashed.. my system has never cut off and I have a PS4 pro

I'm sure it's happen to someone but I highly doubt it happened to the majority of players.. the friends I've played with for just as long if not longer than I have haven't experienced the PS4 cutting off on them either

I really think this is a collusional effort to try and kill this game because people weren't happy with the game or the state it was released in and sad to see because the gameplay is the most fun I've had in years and has great potential.

The game has many bugs and problems for sure (that's going to be fixed soon) but unless I see proof of the crashes.. This scare tactic to keep people from even buying the game to see for themselves how much fun the game is to play and the potential it can have is very sad
FFBE GL (IGN: Mamba) ID: 079,315,266 - I play FFBE for fun and NOT for META - PM me if you need specific friend units

User Info: Rpg___Fanatic

Rpg___Fanatic
4 months ago#10
Eh, it’s totally worth it just to play Anthem, to be perfectly honest. If, for some odd reason, it does brick my PS4, I’ll buy another one.

Okay. Bye!

EDIT: Yes, definitely. I played this game for quite some time and beat it, and the most I have experienced is a small error that made me restart the game.
Rest peacefully Chester Bennington.
Your music has always inspired me.
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. PSA: DO NOT RISK PLAYING Anthem UNILL A PATCH COMES UP
  • Topic Archived