You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. We should get our loot right when it drops

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
1 week ago#1
This is an awful decision.

How many people are going to back out of strongholds right after picking up a legendary so they can actually see what it is?

I mean it's a loot based game and we want to see our loot when we get it, not at the end of an activity.

Since we can't even equip stuff in the wild, who decided we shouldn't see what we get when we pick it up?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: euchreplayer23

euchreplayer23
1 week ago#2
We should be able to equip stuff in wild. I would rather do that than know which items i got.

The design decision is bad i agree, just doesn't make sense. Other sci-fi looters got complaints about this, game company cut it in half.

How can I test out my guns against each other if I have to go back to the fort each time?

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
1 week ago#3
I think it’s a great decision. No one wants to wait around while you tinker with your menu after every kill. It ruins the pace of the game. I could just imagine people now, in the middle of a fight, some yellow loot drops and you rush for it. Then run off to a safe spot to tinker with your menu while your 3 teammates are still trying to clear the area.
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless
PSN Detrizzy (Dissidia nt - Y'shtola / Lightning)

User Info: Syggys

Syggys
1 week ago#4
Brick_Top_ posted...
How many people are going to back out of strongholds right after picking up a legendary so they can actually see what it is?

Wouldn't people do that if they get the specific item they want anyway?

And they could just make it so that the further you go in a stronghold the higher chance of legendaries, with the biggest chance on the final chest/boss. Then people would have incentive to stay.

I agree it's probably a good idea for freeplay though.
DBFZ: Buu/Nappa/Gotenks // SFV: Birdie/Abigail // KoF14: Chang/Antonov/Dinosaur
UK // PSN: SygBoss

Brick_Top_
1 week ago#5
2DFighter84 posted...
I think it’s a great decision. No one wants to wait around while you tinker with your menu after every kill. It ruins the pace of the game. I could just imagine people now, in the middle of a fight, some yellow loot drops and you rush for it. Then run off to a safe spot to tinker with your menu while your 3 teammates are still trying to clear the area.

Don't exaggerate. You aren't running around while people spend 10 minutes in their menu in Destiny or Borderlands because they picked up 1 good item. That just doesn't happen.

And let's be honest here, people go AFK all the time, items or not. You can't tell me that an item is the only reason someone will stop playing for a minute.

I mean I can't even remember ever seeing someone get an item in Destiny or Borderlands and then completely stopping immediately, running to a safe area, and fiddling around in their menu. That just doesn't happen.

They shouldn't be making bad design choices because of some braindeads. You aren't going to stop people from doing idiotic s*** so we shouldn't all be penalized. A simple pop up of the items picture and what it's called is all that is needed. If you're someone who is going to immediately open the menu and look at the stats then you're most likely someone who does other stupid things as well like going AFK because you received a text message, or run to the bathroom randomly, or grab a drink or whatever other dumb reason. It's not like "Hey if we give them the items after the activity then nobody will randomly stop playing during the activity!" That is terrible logic. It's going to happen regardless.

User Info: twotoothmcgee

twotoothmcgee
1 week ago#6
Brick_Top_ posted...

it’s an inelegant solution, for sure. but it’s intended to address the inverse—players quitting once they obtain the desired drop.

Brick_Top_
1 week ago#7
twotoothmcgee posted...
Brick_Top_ posted...

it’s an inelegant solution, for sure. but it’s intended to address the inverse—players quitting once they obtain the desired drop.

And how many people actually do that? I mean who is after just one single item? There’s 4 Javelins and so many slots, what are the odds someone will be after 1 single item, actually get it with the right perks and stats, and then quit? Like that is something you’ll see often? Give me a break.

What’s stopping people from backing out just because they want to back out? Friends popped online, they have to go out, work, blah blah. You aren’t going to stop it so penalizing normal players is awful. It doesn’t feel rewarding at all when you get an item and cant even see what it is for 20 minutes.

User Info: Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL
1 week ago#8
It’s gonna honestly depends on the mission structure if it’s the same as the demo then I actually prefer it this way
Psn is same as ID with 2 underscores

User Info: twotoothmcgee

twotoothmcgee
1 week ago#9
Brick_Top_ posted...
twotoothmcgee posted...
Brick_Top_ posted...

And how many people actually do that? I mean who is after just one single item? There’s 4 Javelins and so many slots, what are the odds someone will be after 1 single item, actually get it with the right perks and stats, and then quit? Like that is something you’ll see often? Give me a break.

What’s stopping people from backing out just because they want to back out? Friends popped online, they have to go out, work, blah blah. You aren’t going to stop it so penalizing normal players is awful. It doesn’t feel rewarding at all when you get an item and cant even see what it is for 20 minutes.

I don’t disagree with your underlying argument but I don’t think anyone is “penalized.” And dropouts after getting a specific item happened in destiny frequently.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
1 week ago#10
Its not a big deal, just get over it.
  1. Boards
  2. Anthem
  3. We should get our loot right when it drops