• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Black Desert
  3. Don't even go here...
gingercatkin 1 year ago#1
If you're tempted....don't be. Char classes are locked into either male or female. (So much for being your true self, eh?). While the life skill systems are very immersive, and combat is flowing and sometimes beautiful, the forced PVP at lvl 50 is NOT. It invites...even seems to encourage online bullying with no recourse for the victims and no way to report the abuse. The usual troll remarks are 'well don't go past lvl 50'. Why can't we? Just because we don't want to be bloody murdered by a PK when we're trying to play? Stay away...don't bother...don't fall for it...because it costs real world money to actually become powerful and if you think you're going to escape from the poisonous, toxic atmosphere, you're not.
GT: gingercatkin; Pawn: Aoife; Pawn: Fiach
Giarccpsn 1 year ago#2
gingercatkin posted...
If you're tempted....don't be. Char classes are locked into either male or female. (So much for being your true self, eh?). While the life skill systems are very immersive, and combat is flowing and sometimes beautiful, the forced PVP at lvl 50 is NOT. It invites...even seems to encourage online bullying with no recourse for the victims and no way to report the abuse. The usual troll remarks are 'well don't go past lvl 50'. Why can't we? Just because we don't want to be bloody murdered by a PK when we're trying to play? Stay away...don't bother...don't fall for it...because it costs real world money to actually become powerful and if you think you're going to escape from the poisonous, toxic atmosphere, you're not.
Knew this months ago, sorry you had to find out now and hope you didn't waste money on it.
Bless Unleashed is just as bad skip that too if you're thinking about it. As usual most of these Free to play games are garbage.
(edited 1 year ago)
Ferarri619 1 year ago#3
I feel like I might get back into this. I started a character awhile ago and never got far. The story was confusing as hell so I'll maybe start again.
I bought one of the fancy starter packs on Xbox Store during a sale but never actually used them.
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~
gingercatkin 1 year ago#4
I can't say it enough: it is TOXIC. If that's what you want as a gaming experience...fine. If you study all the new games coming out lately and soon to be released games, just how many do you see that are PVP based games? A lot more of them than just 1 or 2. There are fewer and fewer games available to play coop with friends and more and more blood soaked, violent, toxic pvp games that promote aggressive behavior with less and less oversight by the XBox community or the so called 'game masters' provided by the devs. I have entirely dropped my XBox membership because of this trend. Why should I pay sixty plus bucks for a game I can't play because other players threaten me, curse me, tell me I should not try to actually advance my character level because I don't want to participate in their bad behavior myself?
GT: gingercatkin; Pawn: Aoife; Pawn: Fiach
  1. Boards
  2. Black Desert
  3. Don't even go here...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A