• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Black Desert
  3. So...what should I know before I start?
LordTrinen 2 years ago#1
Hello all. I bought this game on a whim during the Steam Summer Sale. Obviously this means I will be playing on PC but that board is pretty much dead and I figure what I learn here will be transferable.

Anyway, like I said, I thought this game sounded interesting so I bought it on a whim. Really don't know much about it and haven't really played any MMORPGS overall. Played some Elder Scrolls Online a while back and while I did enjoy it, I didn't get super far in and had trouble finding good stretches of uninterrupted gaming time since I figure I'll need it for a game where you can't really pause.

Might seem stupid to get a game like this given my circumstances but I want to give it a try. Maybe it will hold my interest better than ESO?

What kind of things should I know prior to jumping into this game? What are some good starter tips?

Are you stuck with whatever class you pick during character creation? What's a good beginner class? When I played ESO I picked a mage character and had a blast firing spells at enemies and healing spells at other players. I never formally teamed up with anyone but I still enjoyed helping random players out before moving on. Not sure if you can do that in this game. Though I am leaning towards a magic character, I am open to suggestions.

Sorry for being a bit wordy. I tend to get like that when I'm excited and I'm intrigued by this game. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
eddengalf 2 years ago#2
You don't need to be stuck with a single class. The characters you create with your account share storage space in towns, affinity accumulated with NPCs (which is used to unlock some of the knowledge, quests, and to get the character to sell you some of its items), most of the knowledge you accumulate from talking with NPCs, owned residences, and if you put your mount in a stable when you stop using one character and you enter with another of your characters that character can use that mount too by getting it out of the stable.
sassynipples 2 years ago#3
be prepared for it to consume your time ha
Giarccpsn 2 years ago#4
sassynipples posted...
be prepared for it to consume your time ha

I burned out at 50, when Xbox did not have the full game. Should've had all the game from day one. Stupid dev move.
Skode24 2 years ago#5
Giarccpsn posted...
I burned out at 50, when Xbox did not have the full game. Should've had all the game from day one. Stupid dev move.

Six years of content day one? When priority was building a UI that fits controller not keyboard... You never no idea how development works my friend lol. We're still catching up but I'm enjoying that myself vs having it all and done it all mindset PC lot complain about as they don't have as much content to look forward to as we do.
  1. Boards
  2. Black Desert
  3. So...what should I know before I start?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A