You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Just started this game, need a few pointers.

User Info: Noumas

Noumas
1 month ago#1
Anything to keep in mind? I guess no in-game tutorial in the menu this time around huh? Funny because it seems like they changed a lot. I'm kinda just winging it, going around this open world plain.

Using the shoulder buttons for combat seems kinda weird.

Otherwise, game is gorgeous and I'm just psyched for ancient Egypt with the whole statues and temples and pyramids and gods and what have you. Just want some tips and tricks to get the most out of my experience.

For example, how to handle weapon dismantling, like should I do it, should I not bother getting attached to one weapon and upgrading it since I seem to get so many anyway, etc.

User Info: Bluntified

Bluntified
1 month ago#2
Weapon dismantling is totally up to you. I personally sold everything, the money I got left me with more room for upgrading weapons/buying crafting materials I needed.

Weapons is a personal choice as well, you'll pickup an insane amount of them along the way, which ones you want to use is up to you. I personally only started to be "picky" (as in what I wanted to use) until I started to get purple gear. Once I found something I liked, with good specs, I'd upgrade it to my level every say, 5 levels.

In the end, you can totally do what you want, there's no right or wrong way, you'll pick up so many things along the way that you'll have really good weapons mid way through so just save your coin in the beginning.

User Info: MegamanXfan21xx

MegamanXfan21xx
1 month ago#3
That first fight you had should have taught you the controls. Hold L1 to raise your shield, R1/2 for light and heavy attacks, and square to dodge. Combat with the shoulder buttons does feel weird after so many games used the face buttons, but you get used to it.

Weapon dismantling isn't recommend, since there's always plenty of sources for materials, upgrades don't require much, and the money you get from selling will be useful in keeping you equipped with good gear.
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 25
Want: Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds, Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe, Psychonauts 2, Bully 2, Atomic Heart

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#4
If the combat feels weurd, switch to alternate controls.
That's what i did.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Just started this game, need a few pointers.