You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Continuous Blocking Trick

User Info: VincentGrite

VincentGrite
3 months ago#1
While holding the button to Block, open the camera, release the Block button, exit the camera.

You will now be in the blocking stance. You do not have to hold down the Block button. You can swing your sword for a fast or heavy attack. You can do a charge attack. You can use your bow. You can get on a horse. And your shield will remain up (while you're not in the middle of an attack) without you having to hold the Block button.

To exit this blocking stance: tap the Block button. It will also exit this mode if you get off of a horse/camel.

I figured this trick out by mistake; got a shield that looks like a wing and I wanted to see it from the front while Bayek was holding it. I played around with it for a few minutes, haven't tried it on a boat, but it could be a good option for certain situations.

VincentGrite
3 months ago#2
You can do it on a boat and still control the boat -- while always blocking. While on foot I've noticed you can also pick up items without it exiting the blocking stance.

User Info: kingbob808

kingbob808
3 months ago#3
You could also go into settings and turn toggle on
Spoilers above

VincentGrite
3 months ago#4
*facepalm* I didn't know that was an option.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Continuous Blocking Trick