You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Way better than Odyssey!

User Info: JackTheShipper

JackTheShipper
3 months ago#1
Better setting, way better main character, that actually has a personality and isn't an empty shell, less drawn out main story. Combat is a bit more fun, you have a hidden blade, not so much political nonsense and the game is about the 1st assasin. Having a game set before that is just plain stupid.

This isn't the holy grail, but it's way better than that crapshow Odyssey. Screw Alexos and Cassandra or whatever they called, Bayek is at least cool.
Odyssey took all the bad stuff from this game, made it worse and added more crap. They made a more generic setting, boring battles and added unecessary RPG crap. On top of that, it is basically the excat same game, mostly just copy and paste with a new skin and worse main character. Animations, mechanics, architecture are all the same.

Couldn't they just make Alexios or Cassandra the main character? The option makes no sense and is stupid. Most other characters from the series would kick these goofballs in the ass. Cassandra seems like she has mental problems and Alexios is more of a clown than anything.
Now I've become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds - but actually I just wanted to become a pilot.

User Info: Boomstick75

Boomstick75
3 months ago#2
I agree. I don’t really like Odyssey. Too bloated, way too much filler. But Origins is one of my favorite games ever. It’s almost perfect.

User Info: Twisted_Fool

Twisted_Fool
3 months ago#3
TC's a troll from the Odyssey board. Ignore him.
PSN: jilord
Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy. - TooFlyForAWifi

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
3 months ago#4
I haven't played Odyssey, but:
Cool.
~The trance is the motion

User Info: GamerNorCal

GamerNorCal
3 months ago#5
I agree. Currently playing Odyssey and maybe 4/5 hours in, but Origins is better so far.

The story is better in Origins, and the Characters are all serious in Origins. In Odyssey the story is sometimes a comedy.

User Info: VincentGrite

VincentGrite
3 months ago#6
@Twisted_Fool Stop calling everyone a "troll" because they have an opinion you disagree with. Makes you sound like a baby.

Twisted_Fool
3 months ago#7
VincentGrite posted...
@Twisted_Fool Stop calling everyone a "troll" because they have an opinion you disagree with. Makes you sound like a baby.

The guy was banned, you precious, hurt little snowflake. All you need to do is head over to the Odyssey board to see the consensus.

User Info: VincentGrite

VincentGrite
3 months ago#8
Seriously, stop crying about it. I was only trying to help you not look like that in public but you sound even worse now. Solid advice: don't call people trolls. It actually makes you the one who looks bad.
(message deleted)

Twisted_Fool
3 months ago#10
VincentGrite posted...
Seriously, stop crying about it. I was only trying to help you not look like that in public but you sound even worse now. Solid advice: don't call people trolls. It actually makes you the one who looks bad.

Wow, we got a helpful one here. Look, I've been on here longer than you, smartass. I no longer give a f*** about looking good, and know a troll when I see one. So quit the heroic schtick and click on TC's account. The guy has been banned because he was trolling incessantly and stupidly on the Odyssey board and other places.

My advice was more sound than yours: ignore the troll, and don't bother arguing/replying. You had to act all like the big brother and "discipline" me, when what you're actually doing is emphasising the fact that you know nothing about TC and are naively thinking he just has an alternative opinion. People call out trolls all the time on here, much more than you think.

By the way, I do think Origins is better than Odyssey. I agree with the point, I just don't care for the way TC has made it. Guy's been making s*** posts on the Odyssey board for the sake of it, causing strife everywhere he posts. Judge for yourself. You assumed I disagree with him, when I made no indication whatsoever that I disagreed with his supposed point. Don't go all crazy on others' conduct, when you need help yourself.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins
  3. Way better than Odyssey!