You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. ITT: underrated assists

User Info: Akuma_Kinomoto

Akuma_Kinomoto
4 weeks ago#1
i'll put one in for Frieza's. i started getting more mileage out of it when i started using it as a mix-up tool instead of combo extender or defense
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Akito_Kinomoto

User Info: Rhien123

Rhien123
4 weeks ago#2
Beerus assist is a big one for me. Might just be for 17, but I feel like sometimes I get even more use out of beerus assist than I do for yamcha assist
Praise Yamchad #standwithVic

User Info: Blazero22

Blazero22
4 weeks ago#3
Akuma_Kinomoto posted...
i'll put one in for Frieza's. i started getting more mileage out of it when i started using it as a mix-up tool instead of combo extender or defense

Frieza assist is lit. Snap an opponent out and pop the assist to lock them up or use it at the end of a blockstring.
3DS FC: 1306-7573-8066

User Info: Damone

Damone
4 weeks ago#4
Baseku
Ginyu
Zamasu

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#5
Krillins rock, it works for combo extensions, applying pressure and baiting reflects or superdashes.

It's so tiny but it does so much....

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
4 weeks ago#6
Nappa
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#7
Teen Gohan dp is insanely good in some blockstrings and for controlling vertical space or when you have to make a guess from anti-air reactions or counters .

#18 is very situational but i love when you set it correctly (like 8/10 times for me) and forces your opponents to respect your defense .

Akuma_Kinomoto posted...

also this

cant say for dlc yet but Vegito and Zamasu' s looks good too
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
4 weeks ago#8
No idea what's underrated but I'm assuming the norm is Yamcha/SSVegeta/beam assists. That being said, Cell's angled beam makes most of my strings safe and sometimes lets me SD without any risk.

Basegeta's assist is also great, it's too slow to get me out of sticky situations but that also means no one is ever expecting it. Has led to me winning many a match.
9 9 9

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
4 weeks ago#9
SilverCrono posted...
No idea what's underrated but I'm assuming the norm is Yamcha/SSVegeta/beam assists. That being said, Cell's angled beam makes most of my strings safe and sometimes lets me SD without any risk.

Basegeta's assist is also great, it's too slow to get me out of sticky situations but that also means no one is ever expecting it. Has led to me winning many a match.

I'm going to have to disagree on that. Basegeta's assist is very mediocre. It's an alright combo extender but not worth putting him anywhere other than point. I honestly think he has the worst assist out of the Vegeta's.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
4 weeks ago#10
RidleytheSmall posted...
SilverCrono posted...

I'm going to have to disagree on that. Basegeta's assist is very mediocre. It's an alright combo extender but not worth putting him anywhere other than point. I honestly think he has the worst assist out of the Vegeta's.

This is probably true, but I think it only makes me more justified in discussing him in this thread.

I don't think a single assist in this game can be considered worthless. Some just have more uses and ideal situations than others.
9 9 9
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. ITT: underrated assists