You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Can i come back to the game? (west coast CA)

User Info: Flashthor

Flashthor
1 month ago#1
I keep catching clips on YouTube of this game and i want back in. I was just wondering about how many people are online and if i can play east coast Canada even if im in west coast.

like would i find many non laggy games?

Is there any trash players left? Or has it boiled down to me getting bodied constantly?

Is the game pay to win now? Seems like the dlc charecters are god tier.

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#2
I use Krillin 18 and Tien and will murder people using dlc characters.

There is still top tiers in the main roster , but characters like Vegito, Bardock, GT Goku are all really good dlcs.

Plenty of trash players, ok players, and good players.

You can set the connection types you want to play against so it really isnt laggy.

My main team has GT Goku now reacing me using base goku because he has power pole and is the closest to og Dragon Ball kid Goku I will get

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#3
Theres no real way to tell, which sucks, but as long as u dont get paired up wit wifi, u good.

If u see that bar move up n down, bak out. If its stable u should be good even if its red bar
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Flashthor

Flashthor
1 month ago#4
JaiOfManyNames posted...
I use Krillin 18 and Tien and will murder people using dlc characters.

There is still top tiers in the main roster , but characters like Vegito, Bardock, GT Goku are all really good dlcs.

Plenty of trash players, ok players, and good players.

You can set the connection types you want to play against so it really isnt laggy.

My main team has GT Goku now reacing me using base goku because he has power pole and is the closest to og Dragon Ball kid Goku I will get

Awesome thanx, i guess i could have just checked a tier list
And im going for my boy krill as well and i 100% want DB kid goku so I'll be getting gt kid goku if i get back into the game.

Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Theres no real way to tell, which sucks, but as long as u dont get paired up wit wifi, u good.

If u see that bar move up n down, bak out. If its stable u should be good even if its red bar

Yea i tried and couldnt find any three bars in east Canada (still curious about the east to west lag situation) but i got a couple 2 bars with the average 3 to 5 frame lag. Thanx

User Info: Rhien123

Rhien123
1 month ago#5
Only a few of the dlc are outright top tier. Bardock and gt goku are probably best in the game rn and zamasu is probably top as well but everyone else in the dlc isn’t w/e. Vegito and videl are pretty good, cooler and broly are good but too tall, base goku and vegeta got some cool stuff but are pretty meh overall, and 17 is straight up bad (I use 17 but it’s true)
Praise Yamchad #standwithVic

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
1 month ago#6
Sorry you cant east coast is better than west coast now they've smoked us in skillset ( ° ͜ʖ °) yeah I'd say it's good enough to come back, while the dlc are good, they aren't end all be all, you can still run solid teams, or cheap s*** like classic kazunoko team for example
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
1 month ago#7
stay way from the game the state of the balance of this game is currently bearing pathetic i never played something so unbalanced on my life

there's things like Yamcha assist that give you a free combo

Vegito Bulls*** he hit you one time and can auto combo you character to death just by pressing square nothing more

GT Goku its a complete P2W insert on the game, he reunites everything that all other characters have of the best and do better

don't lose you time with this game is a complete joke

also yes the game is PW2, the DLC characters are all majority god tier, people will be "oh but Vegito meh meh meh" no he is OP as all f*** and back, he does ridiculous dmg, create vaccum on auto attack, and its ridiculous hard to counter in fact his best match up is other DLC character.

this game turned into a senseless nervously pressing square just forget about it.

almost all ranked teams are Vegito/Bardock or GT Goku / Black so they can keep pressing Square endless , this game is broken atm
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#8
Feldt posted...
stay way from the game the state of the balance of this game is currently bearing pathetic i never played something so unbalanced on my life

Vegito Bulls*** he hit you one time and can auto combo you character to death just by pressing square nothing more

GT Goku its a complete P2W insert on the game, he reunites everything that all other characters have of the best and do better

also yes the game is PW2, the DLC characters are all majority god tier, people will be "oh but Vegito meh meh meh" no he is OP as all f*** and back, he does ridiculous dmg, create vaccum on auto attack, and its ridiculous hard to counter in fact his best match up is other DLC character.

this game turned into a senseless nervously pressing square just forget about it.

almost all ranked teams are Vegito/Bardock or GT Goku / Black so they can keep pressing Square endless , this game is broken atm

I mean Krillin does all the work on my team, I'm up in Living Legend, and I beat these pay to win teams with Krillin and 18 primarily. Yea I have KidKu and he does the least on my team

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#9
Feldt posted...

Where scrubquotes at
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
4 weeks ago#10
JaiOfManyNames posted...
Feldt posted...

I mean Krillin does all the work on my team, I'm up in Living Legend, and I beat these pay to win teams with Krillin and 18 primarily. Yea I have KidKu and he does the least on my team

sure he does i use 18 as well sometimes, this however don't chance the fact that Vegito was badly designed, you can win as 18 or Krillin i can sometimes, but that takes a lot more effort to keep the pressure with 18 and Krillin you must actually know how to play, know you frames and know what you are doing, what is safe and what is not...

what knoledge a Vegito player needs? none they do the same that you do with far less effort
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Can i come back to the game? (west coast CA)