You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Can grabs be blocked?

User Info: azure22

azure22
3 weeks ago#1
I dont play this religiously, but i was playing the snake way course on hard. A rank on the first match and b rank on the second. I went up against tien, 16, and videl in the final and got my cheeks CLAPPED. Tien and 16 kept using grabs but i swore i was blocking. I mightve been crouch blocking maybe? Anyways, can you block grabs or no?

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
3 weeks ago#2
You have to tech dragon rush throws by either tapping a button as about to be thrown or press dragon rush which I think is actually better but most players just do the first version .

azure22
3 weeks ago#3
JaiOfManyNames posted...
You have to tech dragon rush throws by either tapping a button as about to be thrown or press dragon rush which I think is actually better but most players just do the first version .

So does tapping a button right before a grab cancel it or something? Im actually confused on what you're saying..

User Info: Baby_ragna

Baby_ragna
3 weeks ago#4
Grab cannot be blocked. You can either vanish, jump over it or hit the opponent during the startup animation to cancel it.
A man's sword isn't a thing that can be kept in his underwear, its something that should rest in a scabbard known as a girl.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
3 weeks ago#5
I mean doesnt the very purpose of a grab is to pass through blocking ? ok i get that you actually meant more like "countered" but still ...

But DRush can be teched yeah .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Cards_and_Hats

Cards_and_Hats
3 weeks ago#6
almost every single fighting game has a core RPS concept of strike/throw/block

take a wild guess at what beats blocking dude

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
3 weeks ago#7
... Of course you can't, that's why they are grabs lmao.
Now you have the universal grabs and command grabs.
16, Broly, Piccolo and 21 have both grounded grabs ( he stays on the ground ) and air grabs ( he can suddenly jump grab you or dash grab you in the airs ) ( Piccolo's air grab can only grab you in the airs or standing )

Tenshinhan, Cell, Base Goku, Jiren, 18, Hit, Goku Black and Goku Blue have a grounded command grab.

Base Vegeta has a grounded command grab that catches you standing only or if you are knockdowned.

Kid Buu has a command grab that catches you jumping only.

Videl and Blue Vegeta have air command grabs ( or grounded that makes them do a short jump ) that only catch standing or opponents in the airs.

Vegeto has an air grab that catches you in the airs.

Finally, Zamasu ( through lightings and solo ), 16, Majin Buu, GT Goku, Cell, Vegeto and Videl can all use a very weak blockstun assist to have a grab in their auto combo though you won't see it often.

In short : Half of the cast has a command grab, so be prepared for that, and learn how to deal react to those, no read, I said react. Crouching block is beaten by a lot of things, don't feel safe.
FighterZ : Vegeta Blue, Zamasu, Jiren / Black, Vegeta Blue, Jiren
BCF : Amane Nishiki, Susanoo | UNIST : Merkava | Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 : Ky Kiske
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Delinquent

Delinquent
3 weeks ago#8
Ah, I remember when I first started playing fighting games.

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
3 weeks ago#9
Yeah on this game you cannot tech command grabs, you have to vanish or counter hit them

but if its the dragon rush you can just dash back and they cannot grab you

azure22
3 weeks ago#10
PrismUFO posted...
... Of course you can't, that's why they are grabs lmao.
Now you have the universal grabs and command grabs.
16, Broly, Piccolo and 21 have both grounded grabs ( he stays on the ground ) and air grabs ( he can suddenly jump grab you or dash grab you in the airs ) ( Piccolo's air grab can only grab you in the airs or standing )

Tenshinhan, Cell, Base Goku, Jiren, 18, Hit, Goku Black and Goku Blue have a grounded command grab.

Base Vegeta has a grounded command grab that catches you standing only or if you are knockdowned.

Kid Buu has a command grab that catches you jumping only.

Videl and Blue Vegeta have air command grabs ( or grounded that makes them do a short jump ) that only catch standing or opponents in the airs.

Vegeto has an air grab that catches you in the airs.

Finally, Zamasu ( through lightings and solo ), 16, Majin Buu, GT Goku, Cell, Vegeto and Videl can all use a very weak blockstun assist to have a grab in their auto combo though you won't see it often.

In short : Half of the cast has a command grab, so be prepared for that, and learn how to deal react to those, no read, I said react. Crouching block is beaten by a lot of things, don't feel safe.

Yea my bad, i know the purpose of grabs is to guard break basically. I meant more so a dodge or counter. Like I'll be blocking and then the grab comes out of nowhere, its like i have no time to react lol
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Can grabs be blocked?