You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So... can I rank again?

User Info: xenobla

xenobla
4 weeks ago#1
Hi. If you’ve seen my threads before, I’m currently SSJ2 rank. However, I stopped ranking because I was really worried about ranking down. Thus I decided to go to casual to train. So here are the matches I played today, and I’m wondering if I could get some advise on how to improve and whether I’m safe enough to go back to rank.

https://youtu.be/o9cxJ7NdTK4

https://youtu.be/d1WxcGEOyz0

https://youtu.be/s33tbJrEhO4

xenobla
4 weeks ago#2
My player name is Von

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
4 weeks ago#3
Scared Money don't make money
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#4
So I watched first 2 minutes on first video. ....

Things you did right :
Started off the neutral ok, didnt seem to be mashing. Ok block string........

Then what could have been doing better:
Not blocking high, no 2H ( down heavy) when he is doing slow jump in air dashes- you could have punished quite a few of those.

Your issues:
Seemed to lose composure and confidence as the match continued and kept getting hit high. If that's a problem now it will only get worse in higher ranks where people will instant air dash low to the ground 2 or 3 times if you didnt block the first one.
You have to block high and low, use reflect as you get comfortable with the game, learn to tech throws, and finally work on knowing when to upback or back dash or challenge your opponents block strings/agression

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#5
sadly there's no "safe" time, players will ALWAYS vary from day to day you just have no control who you will face next

the world's a huge place sometimes you meet someone who you know all the answers for and others face people who you have no answers to, if you think that is the extent of you ability then you can tell yourself that's that, but if you think you can do more then you can do more

no one can tell you that it's safe to rank again, it's all up to you
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: Goji

Goji
4 weeks ago#6
The lowest levels of ranked are easy; you were likely good enough to get into ranked and actually win matches a while ago. Beyond that there's no safe or ideal time to play ranked. No matter how good you are you're going to hit a wall; if you get better than you are now you'll just hit that wall a handful of matches later.

So, just play ranked whenever you want to.
https://psnprofiles.com/Hedorah1971

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
4 weeks ago#7
Goji posted...
The lowest levels of ranked are easy; you were likely good enough to get into ranked and actually win matches a while ago. Beyond that there's no safe or ideal time to play ranked. No matter how good you are you're going to hit a wall; if you get better than you are now you'll just hit that wall a handful of matches later.

So, just play ranked whenever you want to.

Pretty much this . You have to be able to try the best you can. If you lose, stop, think about what went wrong then try again later. Your bound to have some losses along the way and it seems the hardest area to get past presently is ssb.

At that rank you need to be able to not let yourself go on autopilot and know how to change your play up match to match, player to player. If you get to living legend and beyond then the game is pretty enjoyable but a real grind to go past that

xenobla
4 weeks ago#8
I c, thanks! Still stuck at ssj2, so ssb is a far far goal XD
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. So... can I rank again?