• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install

User Info: Dark_Despair

Dark_Despair
1 month ago#21
Doom_Infinite posted...
I don't get why people are so oposed to variants, have these people never played DBZ fighting games before? It's pretty much a trademark of what makes DBZ fighting games, even going back to the very first Super Butouden (in a roster of 13 characters had 2x Gokus and 2x Vegetas).

When you start having characters or playstyles that number 4 or more, it should be an issue for any fighting game. But anything is preferable to the many, many simulators over the years.
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: God of War, The Crew 2 and Spider-Man.

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#22
Dark_Despair posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...
I don't get why people are so oposed to variants, have these people never played DBZ fighting games before? It's pretty much a trademark of what makes DBZ fighting games, even going back to the very first Super Butouden (in a roster of 13 characters had 2x Gokus and 2x Vegetas).

When you start having characters or playstyles that number 4 or more, it should be an issue for any fighting game. But anything is preferable to the many, many simulators over the years.

The problem is not so much "variants" (because you can have Ryu -Evil Ryu , Ken -Violent Ken , Akuma -Shin Akuma just like we have SS Goku - Bluku , Vegeta -Blugeta , Goku Black in the same fighting game ) but rather because with dragonball - it comes not so much to "variants" in the technical sense since everyone of them just does the same s*** over and over again .

Everytime a dragonball game has multiple variations of same characters- it is usually strictly a cosmetic change and because the db fanbase is so much simple - they dont care about diversity and just wants forms/transfos and any s*** like that . Thats why we have all those garbo fanservicey simulators and s*** which caters to this fanbase .

Granted DBFZ does variants - but they are nowhere near as stupid as in these other games and actually pretty justified and well executed .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Dark_Despair

Dark_Despair
4 weeks ago#23
FemtomShiling posted...
Dark_Despair posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...

The problem is not so much "variants" (because you can have Ryu -Evil Ryu , Ken -Violent Ken , Akuma -Shin Akuma just like we have SS Goku - Bluku , Vegeta -Blugeta , Goku Black in the same fighting game ) but rather because with dragonball - it comes not so much to "variants" in the technical sense since everyone of them just does the same s*** over and over again .

Everytime a dragonball game has multiple variations of same characters- it is usually strictly a cosmetic change and because the db fanbase is so much simple - they dont care about diversity and just wants forms/transfos and any s*** like that . Thats why we have all those garbo fanservicey simulators and s*** which caters to this fanbase .

Granted DBFZ does variants - but they are nowhere near as stupid as in these other games and actually pretty justified and well executed .

If you don't personally think it's a problem then that's good for you. Many people were not all that enthusiastic with the many Goku and Vegetas this game boasts and they DEFINITELY didn't care about yet another version of Evil Ryu in SF5.

I don't want a game full of Gokus when I know most likely the roster won't be greatly expanded unless it's a sequel.
PSN Gamer Tag: Murciealago229
Currently Playing: God of War, The Crew 2 and Spider-Man.

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#24
Dark_Despair posted...
FemtomShiling posted...
Dark_Despair posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...

If you don't personally think it's a problem then that's good for you. Many people were not all that enthusiastic with the many Goku and Vegetas this game boasts and they DEFINITELY didn't care about yet another version of Evil Ryu in SF5.

I don't want a game full of Gokus when I know most likely the roster won't be greatly expanded unless it's a sequel.

Fun fact : im one of those who constantly bash the Gokus in this game .

Im just saying that it could have been way worse regarding past dragonball games .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Mr_Briches

Mr_Briches
4 weeks ago#25
SilverCrono posted...
To be fair to OP he never said Blue would be on the same moveset. Personally I think having Base->SSJ and Blue being separate characters would have been cool, same with Geets.
silently screaming

User Info: zKanoe

zKanoe
4 weeks ago#26
I wish there were a few more installs for the Saiyan's in general or unique transformation methods in general to cut down on the variant crap (I like SF, but 50 different flavors of Ryu ain't one its strong points). Arc has talent and could easily do something like a stance change like Izayoi, transforming like Sheik/Zelda in Smash Melee at the beginning of matches/in-between for those that prefer a different form, or something like Bullet's Afterburner...or many of Capcom's/other traditional fighters for reference. Heck, Ultimate Gohan/Adult Gohan is a good example here implementation wise...

I'm not against separate forms, options are always appreciated, and transforming is one of those cooler parts of the DB fan-service that is lame as hell (imo) when implemented the way it is here (mostly cut-scene only). If Dante/Vergil's transformations were done like DBFZ does their transformations, I definitely wouldn't be as excited to play them in MvC. I'm not sure why folks act like it is impossible to balance or has no place in a "real" DB fighting game.

The variants so aren't as unique as they could be imo, though the bulk of the cast in this game feels pretty similar already. I'm also not sure why folks keep acting like this is the first " real" (lol, traditional fighter) for DB when there have been plenty before this, with the best one being Super DBZ (which unfortunately didn't get the same grace as Arc did with a huge budget and coming off the hype of DB movies, Super, and a gap in DB fighting games.

Idk, I just want more fan-service and better gameplay than this rough draft of a game.
Something goes here...someday I'll remember what it was.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install
  • Topic Archived