• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
2 months ago#11
@FemtomShiling
Marvel 3 is a proper fighting game and lots of characters had installs.

Ryu, PW, Dante, Vergil, wolverine, Morrigan , and others leveled up like Frank west or resurrected like Phoenix and so on

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
2 months ago#12
JaiOfManyNames posted...
@FemtomShiling
Marvel 3 is a proper fighting game and lots of characters had installs.

Ryu, PW, Dante, Vergil, wolverine, Morrigan , and others leveled up like Frank west or resurrected like Phoenix and so on

Yeah but this game has nothing to do with mvc outside of both being tag fighters . ppl need to stop comparing them .

Capcom never used the type of engine Arcsys does - and they dont work with handrawn designs to the point of animating each frame individually . they doesnt even compare .

I tought it was well knowed already since many explained this several times before but apparently some reminders wouldnt hurt .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
2 months ago#13
JaiOfManyNames posted...
Then the cast is more open to other characters instead of 7 forms of goku..

I'd rather have 7 Gokus that are balanced and manga accurate to the point in the series they represent then to have one Goku that's broken or has more attacks and transformations than any other character in the game.
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

JaiOfManyNames
2 months ago#14
Ben Reilly posted...
JaiOfManyNames posted...
Then the cast is more open to other characters instead of 7 forms of goku..

I'd rather have 7 Gokus that are balanced and manga accurate to the point in the series they represent then to have one Goku that's broken or has more attacks and transformations than any other character in the game.

Base and ss goku would not be broken and as a trade off for using ss he wouldnt be able to use spirit bomb then.

Why is it so hard to see how something could be done with an open mind instead of shutting it down like it some total impossibility?

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
2 months ago#15
Eh, at this point ssj and base play different enough to warrant a different slot as much as I didn't want base. In terms of installs, base goku (blue goku definitely doesnt need the ui install with the buffs he got) could instead just get an ui install, it would save a slot, and it could help his viability, assuming it doesnt end like friezas.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante

JaiOfManyNames
2 months ago#16
BluuberryPie posted...
Eh, at this point ssj and base play different enough to warrant a different slot as much as I didn't want base. In terms of installs, base goku (blue goku definitely doesnt need the ui install with the buffs he got) could instead just get an ui install, it would save a slot, and it could help his viability, assuming it doesnt end like friezas.

I get what you mean, but I am saying this stuff as in if we get a sequel. These are things that would be overall better. I dont expect them to patch the current game and do what I am saying. Just moving forward if another game is made they could really make a superb fighter using what I am talking about so we can have more diversity in the roster as well

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
2 months ago#17
I don't get why people are so oposed to variants, have these people never played DBZ fighting games before? It's pretty much a trademark of what makes DBZ fighting games, even going back to the very first Super Butouden (in a roster of 13 characters had 2x Gokus and 2x Vegetas).
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

JaiOfManyNames
2 months ago#18
Doom_Infinite posted...
I don't get why people are so oposed to variants, have these people never played DBZ fighting games before? It's pretty much a trademark of what makes DBZ fighting games, even going back to the very first Super Butouden (in a roster of 13 characters had 2x Gokus and 2x Vegetas).

Theres nothing wrong with variants but they could have done some cool stuff and added more diversity to this game or maybe a sequel by having installs that make sense and still variants from through out the time lines or different eras

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
2 months ago#19
Doom_Infinite posted...

Maybe because DBFZ is the very 1st proper fighter about the franchise - with a competitive scene ? who could have imagined such thing even by only 2 or 3 years ago ?

When you consider what dragon ball actually is and what Arcsys have done with this game - you realize that this is quite a prowess which couldnt have been achieved without tveir talent . Unfortunately - dragon ball will always be tied to its own bad artistic bias and trash fanbase .

They may have struggled to find a balance between what fans want and what a fighter needs - between fanservice and technical quality - but now the game suffers of this inherent conflict , which is why its stucked between casual and competitive aspirations , and in a sense fails on both fronts .

Variants are ok in budokai or xenoverse - but an actual fighter dont needs them at all .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
2 months ago#20
FemtomShiling posted...

Variants are ok in budokai or xenoverse - but an actual fighter dont needs them at all .

The Butouden series were actual fighters too. Sure it wasn't anywhere close to being as good as FighterZ (nothing is), but back then the competition was Street Fighter II and Fatal Fury and the likes (SFII until most competitors of the time still holds up though), so Super Butouden did it's own thing to compete and turned out pretty good imo, nothing like the lazy 3D games that came later on.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install
  • Topic Archived