• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#1
Something about throwing my opponent and tapping down twice and then 2 attacks to activate a devil trigger style install where he goes super saiyan and so his special moves are replaced with his super saiyan ones over his base ones.

Then of course because he isnt using kaioken outside of base because he is supersaiyan he can do his hypers like he usually does in supersaiyan, AND his ss3 KHH just makes me feel like its Vergil in umvc3 where it is basically a 4 bar super.

If the base forms had the super saiyan forms like that this game would be so dope... oh well

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#2
Oh and if he is tagged Out while SS, then his assist would be KHH instead of the double sided attack. So many things from marvel 3 this game missed by a long shot and one of the reasons it may be slowly dying ...

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#3
That sure would have saved a spot - same with basegeta and the blues .

Problem with that is thats actually a pain to balance hence why they dont do it more .

Like imagine reworking all movesets for these installs to work ... Frieza is an exception because his moveset dont change much once in golden - but for base>ssj>blues they would have to add/change many tech ... they shooted themselves in the foot with this engine - and redrawing all animations each time they change a move must be a nightmare so might as well create an entire own character .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
1 month ago#4
To be fair to OP he never said Blue would be on the same moveset. Personally I think having Base->SSJ and Blue being separate characters would have been cool, same with Geets.
9 9 9

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#5
SilverCrono posted...
To be fair to OP he never said Blue would be on the same moveset. Personally I think having Base->SSJ and Blue being separate characters would have been cool, same with Geets.

Exactly what I was going for. Having 2 installs on a character is plain dumb @FemtomShiling

In my mind
Dbz era =base to ss
Dbs era =blue alone or maybe ssg to ssb install. Or even ssb with ui install
Dbgt era= great job wit kid goku

This way fans would be a lot happier and we get transformation which has always been a cool aspect in dbz . Also more room for characters like kefla , Ribianna and so on

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#6
Nah

Then he wouldn't be able to represent Goku from Freeza, Cell, and Buu Sagas like he does not

The current set up is the best minus what was done with GT Goku, and actually they did a good job with him from a GT perspective I just don't like it being done instead of a true OG Kid Goku

SSB Goku is the only one who should have an install in the form of Ultra Instinct
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
1 month ago#7
Ben Reilly posted...
SSB Goku is the only one who should have an install in the form of Ultra Instinct

This wouldn't have been possible, unfortunately. Even if ASW knew UI would have been a thing during development, I doubt they would have had enough info on it to make it much of a substantial moveset.

Installs are so cool. Especially here in a DBZ property transformations would have been perfect...
9 9 9

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#8
SilverCrono posted...
Ben Reilly posted...

This wouldn't have been possible, unfortunately. Even if ASW knew UI would have been a thing during development, I doubt they would have had enough info on it to make it much of a substantial moveset.

Installs are so cool. Especially here in a DBZ property transformations would have been perfect...

Obviously it would have been added later

Kind of like they way a bunch of moves were changed for season 2
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#9
JaiOfManyNames posted...
SilverCrono posted...

Exactly what I was going for. Having 2 installs on a character is plain dumb @FemtomShiling

In my mind
Dbz era =base to ss
Dbs era =blue alone or maybe ssg to ssb install. Or even ssb with ui install
Dbgt era= great job wit kid goku

This way fans would be a lot happier and we get transformation which has always been a cool aspect in dbz . Also more room for characters like kefla , Ribianna and so on

Never they necessary needed to be all on the same character but ok .

What i meant is that its close to impossible to do that with the current engine of the game - because Arcsys works differently than many companies . handraw is great but it also limits several possibilities .

Doesnt matter either way because each of the variants might sells well because db fans are blind - so why would they even bother ?

Also each character is already in his better iteration/form/transformation which is actually the best way to handle a dragon ball roster imho . fans can f*** off with all their stupid variants - this is a proper fighting game not xenoverse .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#10
@Ben_Reilly
How so negating my comments?

Representing all of dbz era with base to ss as an install where the install plays exactly like ss does currently, and base plays exactly like it does now as well. Gives options for all kinds of cool combo routes and really opens up the game.

Keep in mind the two share similar character models and animations. Probably wouldnt be hard to implement like I stated.

Also keep in mind that base goku does the ssb on frieza and goes ss on frieza. One of the few techniques that ss exhibits from cell saga is ITKHH, and then SS3 from buu saga.

Then by making ssg to ssb a transformation would be cool because it could show more of an ss natural but pulling more from battle of gods how he fought or even his initial fight as ssg vs broly, then an install to ssb that plays exactly like it does now with the higher damage output and but he does the dragon Fist KHH with kaioken as his level 3 while the install is active .

To dismiss what I can clearly plot put to be akin to a character that ultimately can be great but requires smart usage of meter because they could make installs be level 1s that have the snail meter gain like after using hypers currently do.

Then they arent overpowered and like I stated we can cover dbz era, super era, and possibly gt era. Then the cast is more open to other characters instead of 7 forms of goku... 😎
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I wish base goku to ss goku was an install
  • Topic Archived