You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. is dbfz mostly for casuals?

User Info: Trickfinger

Trickfinger
4 weeks ago#1
is it?

some say it's on par with mk and smash in regards to being taken seriously by the fgc elite. is this true?

discuss.
I survived reading guys like you
(message deleted)

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
4 weeks ago#3
Time to play offline
FighterZ : Vegeta Blue, Zamasu, Jiren / Black, Vegeta Blue, Jiren
BCF : Amane Nishiki, Susanoo | UNIST : Merkava | Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 : Ky Kiske

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 weeks ago#4
It is. No big number of pros from the rest of the Japanese fighters bothered with it.

Super Dash and Vanish are not good mechanics and are just given for scrub mentality.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#5
PrismUFO posted...
Time to play offline

Saves you also from its trash community .

Robin_Mask posted...
It is. No big number of pros from the rest of the Japanese fighters bothered with it.

Super Dash and Vanish are not good mechanics and are just given for scrub mentality.

Not to mention that it destroys the purpose of any other playstyle than rushdown .

And dont forget one of the very reason its so much scrub-friendly : f***ing autocombos .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: k_goku

k_goku
4 weeks ago#6
A poll without "No" option. Great.

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
4 weeks ago#7
k_goku posted...

i like how there is "maybe" and "not sure" . how is this even a choice ?
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
4 weeks ago#8
FemtomShiling posted...
PrismUFO posted...
Time to play offline

Saves you also from its trash community .

Robin_Mask posted...

Not to mention that it destroys the purpose of any other playstyle than rushdown .

And dont forget one of the very reason its so much scrub-friendly : f***ing autocombos .

I've just had it with "LOL FULL SCREEN BEAM INTO VANISH COMBO" which is stupid as all hell and no effort.

The autocombos, I just dread the fact the characters that move quite a bit forward or have bs like Vegito kicks. Don't know what the f*** they were thinking with the auto kicks along with special kicks. I'm also annoyed at GT Goku and his small ass hitbox.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
4 weeks ago#9
FemtomShiling posted...
k_goku posted...

i like how there is "maybe" and "not sure" . how is this even a choice ?
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante
Well I agree with everything said the mechanics are garbage, the neutral is yolo scrambling and there are no viable playstyles outside of rush down. It's extremely disappointing coming from blazblue and guilty gear playing this mess. Also, the auto combos encourage insane mash as they auto correct and 5L doesn't whiff on crouch so unless your strings are frame tight expect mash into half your hp gone.
Psn: PhantomEmperor
YouTube.com/ThePhantomEmperor
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. is dbfz mostly for casuals?