• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The entire day, just jump back spammers

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#1
Doesn't matter if they have the whole team or down to the last character. It's rampant today, it used to be rare.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
1 month ago#2
Play any character with an aa grab and have fun catching those fools.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#3
RidleytheSmall posted...
Play any character with an aa grab and have fun catching those fools.

I got Broly, but willing to use Vegito...

User Info: Phantom-Emperor

Phantom-Emperor
1 month ago#4
Robin_Mask posted...
Doesn't matter if they have the whole team or down to the last character. It's rampant today, it used to be rare.

That's actually a problem nobody really brings up often I noticed it week one. Well I don't know if people know this but outside of anti air grabs everything in this game can be blocked in the air. Now this is a problem to me personally cause guilty gear and blazblue have air unblockables normally, this forces a grounded neutral making people fear jumping.
Psn: PhantomEmperor
YouTube.com/ThePhantomEmperor

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#5
Phantom-Emperor posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

That's actually a problem nobody really brings up often I noticed it week one. Well I don't know if people know this but outside of anti air grabs everything in this game can be blocked in the air. Now this is a problem to me personally cause guilty gear and blazblue have air unblockables normally, this forces a grounded neutral making people fear jumping.

Not to forget the assists and then super dashes to "change it up" with jump backs.

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
1 month ago#6
Yeah this game doesn't have much to punish people for upbacking. Dragon rush is bad compared to a traditional throw.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#7
Robin_Mask posted...
Phantom-Emperor posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Not to forget the assists and then super dashes to "change it up" with jump backs.

Neutral in this game is wack period .

Its no wonder that you find backdash+air block an issue coming from BB and GG - having the same problem whenever i go back to this game from UNIEL's sessions .

If they keep jb at me i would just wait to punish or create an opportunity to capitalize on a mistake . in other words : forces them to open em up by applying pressure and be patient . they will eventually break out .

Empty jumps low - convert or overhead mix ups .

Beam assist+approach then 2m convert into overhead mixup .

Also iad>overhead works fine too but dont forget to cover your ass with assists .

You can jump over them>backdash into some nice crossups too . just try to forces them into your way - not the opposite .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
1 month ago#8
Jumping back is always an annoying issue in 2d fighters because of the lack of a dedicated block button. The opponent gets to keep their guard up while you need to drop yours to approach.
It's just worse in this game because of random surprise super dash to catch you off guard or projectile hit turning into a vanish combo + sliding knockdown in many cases.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: JaiOfManyNames

JaiOfManyNames
1 month ago#9
Burchyplus posted...
Jumping back is always an annoying issue in 2d fighters because of the lack of a dedicated block button. The opponent gets to keep their guard up while you need to drop yours to approach.
It's just worse in this game because of random surprise super dash to catch you off guard or projectile hit turning into a vanish combo + sliding knockdown in many cases.

I will not disagree with this. Based on my opponents tendencies I may up back more often. Especially if they mash a lot and rando superdash, or if it's a character I have trouble reading when they may command grab me or their autocombo may cross up and do some other silliness as they call an assist.

I really want to stay on the ground more often , but if you stay grounded you are open to a lot more shenanigans. If this game had a normal advancing guard and reflect , up backing would be less, but sometimes your option is block and jump so you dont eat some crazy block string

User Info: Phantom-Emperor

Phantom-Emperor
1 month ago#10
Burchyplus posted...

No it's only an issue in fighterz, in blazblue unless you have barrier you will get hit with an air unblockable for jumping in neutral and even if you barrier there's trm with air grab even the OS isn't full proof. Guilty gear is the same thing except if I remember correctly 1 frame throws. Then we have under night where jumping is a death sentence in that game, if you even think of jumping around you will get blown up the worst. Even mk11 or sfv you won't catch people jumping, it's really only fighterz you see scrambles and constant jumping because there's little to no answer for it.
Psn: PhantomEmperor
YouTube.com/ThePhantomEmperor
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. The entire day, just jump back spammers
  • Topic Archived