• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I cant enjoy this game.... like I enjoy other fighting games

User Info: islandstartv

islandstartv
1 month ago#11
Phantom-Emperor posted...
Jx1010 posted...
I have been playing fighting games online for a couple of years now, mainly Street Fighter IV. Have enjoyed them online.
Even tho Im not a beast, I can handle my own and at least put up a good fight against hardcore online players.

However this game has something, not sure what it is but its something wrong.

Just wanted to share.

I dont know what other online fighters are currently active with cell shaded or anime style graphics like dragon ball z but maybe theres something more balanced at the moment.

Pretty much what you are trying to say is the skill gap/accessibility/balance is insanely off compared to most fighting games currently out. When it comes to fighterz you get away with way more than any other game, if your neutral is poor they have super dash and vanish and if you don't have execution then there's auto combos doing decent dmg. Also, the encouragement of mash due to auto correct and decent reward makes this game a nightmare online, I've said it before but auto combos in lag in any fighting game is a whole other world where people get away with murder. Even if you compare fighterz to other vs games it's still wrong. Overall, it's just fighterz gives people who aren't really good in fighting games a chance if you try guilty gear or blazblue other arc system games you will see how quickly the auto combos and mechanics won't get you as far in those games.

auto combos won't help against somebody who knows how to play

vanish is fine this dragon ball vanish is apart of the damn series, super dash is also from the anime and its easy to punish, all fighting games don't have to be alike

the problem with this game is the core mechanics, there is very little strategy, very little defensive options to punish predictable opponents the game is flawed, but its still fun

User Info: FemtomShiling

FemtomShiling
1 month ago#12
Kira0987 posted...
For me the problem is that this game has no neutral, which is one of the basic aspects of any fighter. Basically this game is lacking an entire area that's supposed to be in fighting games, making it a much more shallow game overall. Add to that that there's auto combos and you've got a very shallow, fighting game. While the super dash is easily punished, it's also a very powerful tool that takes away neutral and even zoning - yet another aspect of fighting games that is entirely absent in this one.

Play UNIST then . This is a great game and its core gameplay is centered around neutral .
Browsing Gamefaqs =/= Actually Playing

User Info: SilverCrono

SilverCrono
1 month ago#13
Kira0987 posted...
[...] and even zoning - yet another aspect of fighting games that is entirely absent in this one.

I have a theory about this: if SD was nerfed, zoning would actually exist in DBFZ. Remove the ability to just SD through most projectiles and suddenly people have to respect zoners a lot more, and approaching safely becomes that much more crucial to learn.

of course it won't ever happen. I've learned not to have faith in the gaming gods smh...
9 9 9

User Info: GodzGift42

GodzGift42
1 month ago#14
Dbfz was fun while it lasted, but moreso brainless, autopilot fun. It's a very shallow, restricted, and unimaginative game. The lack knowledge you can afford to play this game lacks is so drastic that you can take a 6(month break, come back, and still be consistent. Overall it's just a baby's first "real" fighter and no matter how much they patch it, it's been in an unsalvageable state for it's entirety.

I tried to shill it the best I could last year, but even I got exhausted from it. It seems the lack of entrants for evo is a good indication of the game becoming repetitive for many... plus the lackluster dlc doesnt help as well either. good thing there is alot of variety on the market for fighting games these daysayys.
No such thing as world peace... only Ron Artest
(message deleted)

User Info: Feldt

Feldt
1 month ago#16
islandstartv posted...
Jx1010 posted...
I have been playing fighting games online for a couple of years now, mainly Street Fighter IV. Have enjoyed them online.
Even tho Im not a beast, I can handle my own and at least put up a good fight against hardcore online players.

Just wanted to share.

I dont know what other online fighters are currently active with cell shaded or anime style graphics like dragon ball z but maybe theres something more balanced at the moment.

Pretty much what you are trying to say is the skill gap/accessibility/balance is insanely off compared to most fighting games currently out. When it comes to fighterz you get away with way more than any other game, if your neutral is poor they have super dash and vanish and if you don't have execution then there's auto combos doing decent dmg. Also, the encouragement of mash due to auto correct and decent reward makes this game a nightmare online, I've said it before but auto combos in lag in any fighting game is a whole other world where people get away with murder. Even if you compare fighterz to other vs games it's still wrong. Overall, it's just fighterz gives people who aren't really good in fighting games a chance if you try guilty gear or blazblue other arc system games you will see how quickly the auto combos and mechanics won't get you as far in those games.

vanish is fine this dragon ball vanish is apart of the damn series, super dash is also from the anime and its easy to punish, all fighting games don't have to be alike

the problem with this game is the core mechanics, there is very little strategy, very little defensive options to punish predictable opponents the game is flawed, but its still fun

Yeah they will, Auto combos take priority over manual combos on this game, on a example...

if you put Bardock and hummm... Trunks in front of each other,and both of them press L and mash, there will be the frame clash, eventually Bardock will win, since he has less frames since he is P2W

however if you put them on the same situation and Trunks do something like this: L--L-->M--2M-->H, Bardock will interrupt the manual combo at the first M and hit Trunks out of his manual combo because the game understands that "the auto combo must connect" and will interpret Trunks actions as "random button presses" while Bardock is "using his combo" and the game will bend to make the auto combo hits and auto correct if necessary

the same happens with multiple characters, Bardock,Vegito,A.Gohan and others come out on plus after they auto combo is blocked.

comparing this to SFV.... on SFV if i take the character with most plus frames on it...lets say Ibuki for example, and i do a L->M->H and my enemy block my string, is his turn, on this game its not.

Fighterz works on auto combo abuse people who know how to abuse reach high rank far faster and with far less work, learn how to play FighterZ is useless, like i said i can do a full extension with #18, totally full ending on a lvl 3, Bardock auto combo + LVL 3 will outdmage it 100% of the time

this game is broken and should not be take serious, i'm a GG player and i'm ok with 3 hits auto combos, or even button pressed specials its ok, but 6 hits, auto persuit, auto knockdown, free lvl 3, another option for a free lvl 1 with easy extensions since the game has easy execution.

this game gives the person who never played a fighting game a chance against a veteran see the last tournament GO1 losing a round to a player that was a Vegito masher

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
1 month ago#17
Feldt posted...
islandstartv posted...
Jx1010 posted...

Just wanted to share.

Yeah they will, Auto combos take priority over manual combos on this game, on a example...

if you put Bardock and hummm... Trunks in front of each other,and both of them press L and mash, there will be the frame clash, eventually Bardock will win, since he has less frames since he is P2W

however if you put them on the same situation and Trunks do something like this: L--L-->M--2M-->H, Bardock will interrupt the manual combo at the first M and hit Trunks out of his manual combo because the game understands that "the auto combo must connect" and will interpret Trunks actions as "random button presses" while Bardock is "using his combo" and the game will bend to make the auto combo hits and auto correct if necessary

the same happens with multiple characters, Bardock,Vegito,A.Gohan and others come out on plus after they auto combo is blocked.

comparing this to SFV.... on SFV if i take the character with most plus frames on it...lets say Ibuki for example, and i do a L->M->H and my enemy block my string, is his turn, on this game its not.

Fighterz works on auto combo abuse people who know how to abuse reach high rank far faster and with far less work, learn how to play FighterZ is useless, like i said i can do a full extension with #18, totally full ending on a lvl 3, Bardock auto combo + LVL 3 will outdmage it 100% of the time

this game is broken and should not be take serious, i'm a GG player and i'm ok with 3 hits auto combos, or even button pressed specials its ok, but 6 hits, auto persuit, auto knockdown, free lvl 3, another option for a free lvl 1 with easy extensions since the game has easy execution.

this game gives the person who never played a fighting game a chance against a veteran see the last tournament GO1 losing a round to a player that was a Vegito masher

Thing is you can cancel out clashes with your fastest normal so in that situation it would optimally result in a trade.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I cant enjoy this game.... like I enjoy other fighting games
  • Topic Archived