• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I think I've got to the point that I hate this game

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
1 month ago#1
I've realised I come off this game in a bad mood more often than not so it's probably about time to uninstall this game until Broly and Gogeta come out, or depends on who the 4th is.

The fun has long since died out and all that's left is the many frustrations. This game is broken on a fundamental level.

I hate how set in stone the tier list is, most of the characters are pretty balanced but Bardock, adult Gohan and kid buu are utterly broken, the level of mix ups these characters can do is so unreasonable compared to the rest of the cast.

I hate how most assists are meh or crap except for beams, ssj vegeta, yamcha and gotenks that just allow you to do s*** that no other let's you do.

I hate how block strings go on forever and can be reset with assists or vanish.
I hate how unreliable reflect is, especially considering how there is barely any defensive mechanics in this game.

I hate how safe everything is, being able to cover your unsafe attacks with special cancels, assists or yet again vanish is annoying.

I hate how super dash just ruins the neutral. No other game needs it I don't see why this one does.

I hate how effective mashing light attacks is, there's no real counter to it, you just have to be mindful of it and try to play around it. I hate how because of how effective mashing Light attack is makes slower characters harder to use, bigger and slower characters in this game seem to be much more of a detriment than other fighting games.

Finally, I hate how mishandled this game has been, despite the massive hype and success the game got on release and at Evo they've done very little all things considered to capatalise on it. Updates are few and far between, dlc are lazy uninspired picks and take months to be released and end up being lack luster more often than not, we are one Goku away from having a 3v3 Goku match.

TLDR: lol
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: AiRxJones

AiRxJones
1 month ago#2
I can understand bardock and gohan... but kid buu? Kid buu's mix is basic af.
P4AU: Mitsuru UNIST:Phonon/Orie DBFZ: Main: Teen Gohan/Kid Buu/Yamcha
Sub: Trunks/Bardock/Kid Goku

User Info: demonfang178

demonfang178
1 month ago#3
Burchyplus posted...
dlc are lazy uninspired picks

I will never understand this complaint. Do people really have that big a boner for Zarbon and Janemba?

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#4
demonfang178 posted...
Burchyplus posted...
dlc are lazy uninspired picks

I will never understand this complaint. Do people really have that big a boner for Zarbon and Janemba?

Are you really ignoring Janemba's moveset variety that isn't just beams and balls?
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
1 month ago#5
Just take a break and play MK11.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.

demonfang178
1 month ago#6
Robin_Mask posted...
Are you really ignoring Janemba's moveset variety that isn't just beams and balls?

No because I never mentioned movesets at all. I just want to know who people really expect is going to make the dlc roster. Hell, I could probably argue that Janemba is lazy, uninspired pick because people have never shut up about him.

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
1 month ago#7
My biggest gripes with the game are the pay-to-win bardock and vegito, and the absurd way the game handles damage scaling. Timmy No-Thumbs can hit me with a 7-hit combo that he doesn't even use a jump in with a super to finish, and that puny mashing combo does roughly two-thirds the damage my standard BnB does.

People do WAY too much damage with smaller combos. You shouldn't be dead when you get opened up only three times by even the worst players. The damage scaling needs to be eased up on longer combos and tightened up on the front end, so that you get more reward for doing longer combos and you don't get huge damage for hitting someone 4 times in a dropped or incomplete combo, the main offender being catching someone in the air and then vanishing into the second half of a BnB, which does almost as much damage as the entire BnB.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#8
demonfang178 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

No because I never mentioned movesets at all. I just want to know who people really expect is going to make the dlc roster. Hell, I could probably argue that Janemba is lazy, uninspired pick because people have never shut up about him.

Talk about an overreaction lol. It seems you don't know how fans speculate a lot and have good reasons about Janemba. It's all because one would hope a company listens due to how different Janemba is than the majority of the DB characters. Look at SF, all the characters play differently along with Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sakura, why can't DBFZ have the same?
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

demonfang178
1 month ago#9
It's because fans speculate that I could go that angle. And even though I keep saying I am not referring to movesets and I don't know anyone can find the dlc's lacking.

User Info: BluuberryPie

BluuberryPie
1 month ago#10
Andros-2k10 posted...
Just take a break and play MK11.
Muh mains: T7: Steve Fox, Armor King, Sfv: Akuma, Nash, Smash: Fox, Wolf, Dbfz: Cell/Bardock/SSJ Goku, Sc6: Sophitia, Mvci: Zero/Dante
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. I think I've got to the point that I hate this game
  • Topic Archived