• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Krillin is low tier but he isn't THAT bad

User Info: Crashdashx

Crashdashx
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfighterz/comments/beqi8x/dbfz_tier_list_thoughts/?st=JUO4K2JA&sh=12b5e3cd

I think it’s either become a meme or people are bangwagoning. As a Krillin main, I agree he’s a bad character but I don’t think he’s like 2-4 tiers beneath everyone else as people have put him recently, I think he’s a very viable character and with the support you can make him work for you. However, I place Krillin on par with the worst characters or a tier beneath. I’m going to go through his moves:

- his mediums have a deceptively large hitbox and they are fast. His 5m is 8frs and slides, does about 5k damage with assist if it lands. 2m is 10fr. His jM active frames were nerfed but he gets a double overhead now and it’s a bit faster.

- he has a very good beam that can be used anywhere. But it also has longer recovery so can’t be spammed.

- he has good oki with solar flare + assist and nice oki with the rock. Though the rock isn’t as reliable as people who know krillin can punish it. Air solar flare is +8 on block.

- his blockstring is solid. With solar flare and an assist, Krillin can go high/low/dr each time. Most people mash 2h, vanish etc in this string and get punished. His solar flare is -2 on block on the ground.

- his level 3 has some of the best corner oki in the game. By using 2s after, the explosion hides Krillin and he gets a high/low.

- afterimage is plus on block. Ex afterimage I believe is even better on block and I think +8, additionally; you can combo off of ex afterimage now.

- his air 2s is nice for catching people to get a blockstring or combo.

- sliding knockdown + damage increase from it anywhere

- his assist can now combo off 6m.

Let me repeat myself: I do think krillin is low tier, but I also think he’s very viable. I don’t think he’s a tier on his own like when beerus or 17 was. Why’s he not that good? His 5l and 2h are garbage. His ki blasts are garbage because of the recovery but they can catch people because they change direction and his neutral isn’t good (because of his L normals).

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
4 weeks ago#2
No he's not unplayable like when Beerus was but I think it's a meme to have a character right down at the bottom.

He just falls into the field of "why bother playing him when there's..."
Like why bother with teen Gohan when there's adult Gohan or why bother with Videl when there's bardock or why bother with anyone when there's bardock.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

Crashdashx
4 weeks ago#3
Burchyplus posted...
No he's not unplayable like when Beerus was but I think it's a meme to have a character right down at the bottom.

Like why bother with teen Gohan when there's adult Gohan or why bother with Videl when there's bardock or why bother with anyone when there's bardock.

I play Krillin because I like Krillin from dbz.

User Info: Rhien123

Rhien123
4 weeks ago#4
Agreed. If it wasn’t for bad buttons (except 2m. Krillin 2m is actually lit) and bad assist, he’d easily be midtier. He gets good damage and mix his only weaknesses are bad buttons (which inevitably hurt neutral) and his bad assist which makes him mandatory point character. But he’s completely usable and actually has some really nice solo stuff now
Praise Yamchad #standwithVic

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
4 weeks ago#5
Crashdashx posted...
Burchyplus posted...

I play Krillin because I like Krillin from dbz.

Sure, same reason I use Broly. I'm not saying you have to tier whore but when a tier list goes off what characters play the best and not what characters you like the best, well, there's your answer.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

Crashdashx
4 weeks ago#6
Rhien123 posted...
Agreed. If it wasn’t for bad buttons (except 2m. Krillin 2m is actually lit) and bad assist, he’d easily be midtier. He gets good damage and mix his only weaknesses are bad buttons (which inevitably hurt neutral) and his bad assist which makes him mandatory point character. But he’s completely usable and actually has some really nice solo stuff now

His 5m is good too. 8fr and huge hitbox. jM also is good.

His lights and his 2h are terrible though.

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
4 weeks ago#7
I can't really think of a character to put over Krillin as the worst tbh. Going off most tier lists I'm a low tier hero now lol. Base Vegeta nerfs were bad man.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
4 weeks ago#8
The green square idiots of reddits aren't even worth debatting with anyways, and you can give them all the arguments of the world, they are going to say "muh opinion", it's useless. In fact, I see a lot of players who tell themselve "Hey, this character is considered low tier, so I'm going to put him low tier even if I don't have a single idea of what is gameplan is like when used right".
The Cyclops's tier list was probably the best because they considered that factor.
FighterZ : Vegeta Blue, Zamasu, Jiren / Black, Vegeta Blue, Jiren
BCF : Amane Nishiki, Susanoo | UNIST : Merkava | Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 : Ky Kiske

Crashdashx
4 weeks ago#9
PrismUFO posted...
The green square idiots of reddits aren't even worth debatting with anyways, and you can give them all the arguments of the world, they are going to say "muh opinion", it's useless. In fact, I see a lot of players who tell themselve "Hey, this character is considered low tier, so I'm going to put him low tier even if I don't have a single idea of what is gameplan is like when used right".
The Cyclops's tier list was probably the best because they considered that factor.

As soon as pros put Black as low tier, so did everyone else. Just a bunch of sheep.

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
4 weeks ago#10
Crashdashx posted...
PrismUFO posted...

As soon as pros put Black as low tier, so did everyone else. Just a bunch of sheep.

This. People are mad dumb lol
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Krillin is low tier but he isn't THAT bad
  • Topic Archived